Senate in action ...

• CJ7
  • 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
the Senate killed the billion dollar bill that puts vets to work ... deemed as "too expensive"

so these same senators who vote for and approve funding a fucking street fight year after year for over a decade took it on themselves to decide what is and isnt expensive ?

the war dogs dont mind paying for freedom, they just dont want to pay the people that served to keep them free ... FUCKEM'

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/0...enate-091912w/
  • CJ7
  • 09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
crickets

and I didnt even mention the 40 senate republicans that voted no ether ..
I'm not supporting the Republicans, but the VA has a $109 billion budget. Cuts need to made, and I'm sure there is at least $1 billion in waste that could be cut from the current budget to fund this program.

We can't keep spending and spending on all these "good" programs. Those idiots in Congress need to realize they need to prioritize, and economize. But all they will do is print more money to buy more votes.

Idiot Republicans won't cut defense, and idiot Democrats won't cut social spending. The truth is that cuts must be made all through the budget.
Would have died in the house,they don't mind sending them off to fight but don't want to help them when they get back.Plus it makes the unemployment numbers higher which will be a plus for Romney...
  • CJ7
  • 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
dont suppose those thrifty senators mentioned how much pork they shove in every bill that goes through congress did they?

nah .....
  • Laz
  • 09-26-2012, 02:50 PM
And all of that bipartisan pork needs to be cut also.
  • CJ7
  • 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
term limits for all the shitstain congressmen and NO pork in ANY spending bill ..

vet job placement/assistance paid in full and makes a profit ..
crickets

and I didnt even mention the 40 senate republicans that voted no ether .. Originally Posted by CJ7
You also didn't mention the Republicans that voted for it, CBJ7.
I'm not supporting the Republicans, but the VA has a $109 billion budget. Cuts need to made, and I'm sure there is at least $1 billion in waste that could be cut from the current budget to fund this program.

We can't keep spending and spending on all these "good" programs. Those idiots in Congress need to realize they need to prioritize, and economize. But all they will do is print more money to buy more votes.

Idiot Republicans won't cut defense, and idiot Democrats won't cut social spending. The truth is that cuts must be made all through the budget. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Reasonably stated COG.
The VA budget is not part of the defense budget. Back around 1803 Congressman James Madison was pondering a bill. It would provide federal funds for veterans of the revolution who had fallen on hard times. Madison, who wrote the Constitution, publicly praised the purpose of the law and said it was a noble purpose but there was nothing in the Constitution that would allow it. Madison voted against the law and it failed.