Do Weaves and Wefts Take away from a "True" Ebony Experience?? "

I had to ask - as I have gone natural and prefer natural hairstyles i.e braids. I am very aware that not just ebony ladies wear wigs/weaves/etc, but let's get real - how many of us are really wearing our "natural" kinky, course , hair specific to those from the Africa Diaspora?

Do you gents have a preference, or does it not matter due to the fact its so common that it appears part of our culture to not rock our own texture of hair ?

I know for me personally, it's a RELIEF to not duck and dodge a man's hands during foreplay/play like bullets in fear of loosening of tracks or the complete removal of a wig (how EMBARASSING!! I remember dancing at XTC South in Houston and had one come off, my customer ensured that I keep it off "Me like , me like!")

I've been wondering this for years, just KNOWING someone would post about it - yet to no avail - no single thread specifically on this particular topic.
I actually like when a woman is adventurous and switches it up from weave, to different styles, natural, long, short, and colors. When done right weave is very strong, I should know, I've had a some weave pulling experiences that didn't cause equipment failure.
really? super weave! lol
I think it is just so part of the culture most black women have adopted it. And to actually touch the hair....sheed that costs extra. I can't "beweave it" myself.......it is what it is........No shower play. And lord forbid she smokes........she will be engulfed in it.
I ripped a chick's track out once.... but she asked me too.
You can totally do shower play as long as she doesn't get the cheap stuff

If I wore my hair natural, there won't be any running of fingers, considering it breaks bone tooth combs. I would love to go to the salon, get my hair done all pink lotion beautiful and go into a session but between Houston's humidity and assorted bodily fluids I would have to see only 1 person a day and go to the salon daily. I don't charge enough for that.
I ripped a chick's track out once.... but she asked me too. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Lmao ! Sounds kinky Lol!

I LOVE changing up my hair I have done about everything real and fetish style. Some are just for print or cams but others by request.

If a weave is done very professionally and cared for with the correct shampoos,product and care they can withhold 3 months and look awesome...maybe even take a tornado like where I am from so its prob more a personal preference.Some gents my not even know if they are paying more attention to below the neck...

~Exotic Beauty~
Guess it can't get more 'natural' wearing my hair style choice
which i absolutely love!
I luv luv the shower play and am not a bit mo' worried about
messing up my hair.
In-fact the guys like when i rub my scalp on the boys, they
say it kinda tickles but feels real good at the same time

Hmmm, now you got me thinking 'bout that super weave. Should i ????
Yes, I'm always afraid ima pull that shit off during doggy.
Yes, I'm always afraid ima pull that shit off during doggy. Originally Posted by sinkerswim

Note to self : double up on the glue and combs ... lol
Wigs and weaves are definitely more convenient for most black women in and out of the hobby who like to sport relaxed hair styles. Humdity is NOT our friend while wearing straight or relaxed styles. Not in any form.

As a natural haired 4b-c I used to cringe at shower/jacuzzi play after spending hours pressing & styling my hair for an appointment.

Had a white hobbyist who preferred touching black hair bonus points if unprocessed but
I have only seen one black provider who wore her natural hair in super long locks.
  • Old-T
  • 07-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Eva,

I understand why you might ask the question, and I am sure some guys have a preference one way or the other, but for me I have never seen a lady (or skipped seeing her) based upon how she has her hair. There are important factors for me, but this is not one of them.

Generally I prefer a lady look, dress, and feel the way that makes her comfortable. That relaxed, comfortable attitude is far more important than the length or style of her hair.
My hair is stuck to my head (I say MY hair because no one else paid for it). Pull it, grab it, drag me across the room with it...that shit ain't coming off.

I don't care about getting it wet either, it actually makes sexy curls when wet. Don't fear my weave, it works just as well as head-grown hair (because it is)
I know for sure, having very long naturally curly hair as well that a lot of men (both black and white) are just not turned on by Ebony hair. As a culture we have adopted to European standards of beauty because otherwise we wouldn't be accepted. Of course my hair makes many transitions, and when I meet someone new while my hair is in it's natural state, I will send a pic and ask if it's something they can deal with. If not I don't mind making them comfortable.

My natural hair has been met with mixed reviews, and rejected mostly by men of color. Which kind of makes me sad. But overall, most of my friends embrace me just the way I am, and that balances out the way I feel about it.
I know for sure, having very long naturally curly hair as well that a lot of men (both black and white) are just not turned on by Ebony hair. As a culture we have adopted to European standards of beauty because otherwise we wouldn't be accepted.
My natural hair has been met with mixed reviews, and rejected mostly by men of color. Which kind of makes me sad. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
Very true and sad indeed.