Independent vs. Agency... which do you prefer??

I'm sure this has been asked....
Do you have a preference for Agency sessions or Independent sessions??
I'm sure there are draw backs so both I'm just not sure what they are. What has been your experience?
One benefit to booking an agency provider- screen once, see multiple ladies. Also, if your date flakes on you, it's easier to book another date in short order, as the agency will generally try to accommodate your request on the same day. Also, screening and scheduling are usually done by a third party, who has time to focus on those tasks. Screening and scheduling is often faster and more efficient. There's also a bit more uniformity in terms of rates, though providers within an agency will sometimes differ.

The method of doing business is more consistent, as it's a third party conducting screening, scheduling, and sometimes payment. The hobbyist isn't expected to read the provider's mind as to the preferred method of doing things. Response to messages is often more timely. Furthermore, providers within an agency will get dates from hobbyists that have seen others from that agency.

The downside? Less personal contact with the provider you'll be seeing before the appointment. It's harder to judge the attitude and personality, as well as the intelligence, of the specific provider you'll be seeing. Sometimes the dates can be awkward, if you've never spoken to the person you'll be seeing. That's where independents have a leg up. Also, independents will sometimes offer special rates for returning clients, whereas you'll generally pay the same rate every time with an agency. Obviously, these are generalities, and exceptions exist.
Little Black Dress co-op is great, as an example. Women of all sizes and ages, great TCB. Female booker, super nice, very efficient.
Indy. Agencies remind you it's all business. With an Indy there's a little banter and fun.
One benefit to booking an agency provider- screen once, see multiple ladies. Also, if your date flakes on you, it's easier to book another date in short order, as the agency will generally try to accommodate your request on the same day. Also, screening and scheduling are usually done by a third party, who has time to focus on those tasks. Screening and scheduling is often faster and more efficient. There's also a bit more uniformity in terms of rates, though providers within an agency will sometimes differ.

The method of doing business is more consistent, as it's a third party conducting screening, scheduling, and sometimes payment. The hobbyist isn't expected to read the provider's mind as to the preferred method of doing things. Response to messages is often more timely. Furthermore, providers within an agency will get dates from hobbyists that have seen others from that agency.

The downside? Less personal contact with the provider you'll be seeing before the appointment. It's harder to judge the attitude and personality, as well as the intelligence, of the specific provider you'll be seeing. Sometimes the dates can be awkward, if you've never spoken to the person you'll be seeing. That's where independents have a leg up. Also, independents will sometimes offer special rates for returning clients, whereas you'll generally pay the same rate every time with an agency. Obviously, these are generalities, and exceptions exist. Originally Posted by Jimfightsfire
You brought up some very valid points. Thank you for giving such a thoughtful response. What I hear you saying is that it's the professionalism and efficiency you prefer with an agency? Have you come across independents that were exceptional about being professional who you prefer to work with?
Little Black Dress co-op is great, as an example. Women of all sizes and ages, great TCB. Female booker, super nice, very efficient. Originally Posted by Jimfightsfire
That's a great example!! Co-ops fall kind of in between. I'm looking for a business model and ideas.
Indy. Agencies remind you it's all business. With an Indy there's a little banter and fun. Originally Posted by John_Dough
That's so true!! The "all business" thing isn't me.
  • Loxly
  • 01-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Regardless if Indy or Agency the bottom line for me is the personality of the lady. I've only knowingly dealt with an agency once and that worked out well. The other times I didn't find out until afterwards that an agency, scheduler or handler was invovled.

The only problem I ever ran into was when the 3rd party DID NOT tell the provider she was running a special. It was embarassing but it got straightened out.

Good luck to you regardless if you do an agency, CO-OP or PCH (Providers' Clearing House).
Little Black Dress co-op is great, as an example. Women of all sizes and ages, great TCB. Female booker, super nice, very efficient. Originally Posted by Jimfightsfire
+1 on LBD coop group and their hot ladies.
Oh I'm staying Indie just wanting some good business practices. The co-op thing sounds really good though & little black dress seems to be doing it right!!
Don't have a preference as long as I'm getting what I am paying for in a safe manner.
Don't have a preference as long as I'm getting what I am paying for in a safe manner. Originally Posted by fire down under
I was just curious what your personal experience has been. If you had good experiences, that's fantastic!!
Indy. Agencies remind you it's all business. With an Indy there's a little banter and fun. Originally Posted by John_Dough
I would hope one remains fully aware that it's all biz with or without an agency. It will be the chemistry between monger and provider upon meeting that will add the personal touch to the fantasy. This will be the case with or without a booker.

Being a spontaneous sort of monger I always preferred agencies but there is also far greater risk for the monger with an agency. Agencies make far more desirable targets for LE raids such as happened with Executive out of SA many years back (Scared the crap out of a great many mongers). Sometimes the agency owner goes over to the dark side and starts outing clients like Marco did. I thank my lucky stars for avoiding doing any business with him since the ASPD days before he dropped Lex and opened Mint on his own.

Book an independent and you run the far greater risk of wasting a $35 blue pill when they NCNS. At least an agency can send backups.
Oh I completiy realize it's all business regardless. Most Indies do a better job of playing to the illusion.
Don't have a preference as long as I'm getting what I am paying for in a safe manner. Originally Posted by fire down under
Agreed. No preference here. There are just more indies than agencies out there.