Is a gated community

Is a gated community a good thing or a bad thing in the eyes of the hobbyist? Thank you in advance for your reply.
In the eyes of this hobbyist it is a bad thing because it requires us to reveal our identities to a security guard. The less people know where we are going when we are going to hobby, the better.

I should think gated communities are not good for the provider either, as sometimes guards will ask us who we are going to visit and all the name we have is the girl's hobby name.
Im lazy, I dont want to knock on your door, let alone try to get thru a gate. Cant you just, like, wait outside naked til I get there?
  • Dad
  • 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM
In the eyes of this hobbyist it is a bad thing because it requires us to reveal our identities to a security guard. The less people know where we are going when we are going to hobby, the better.

I should think gated communities are not good for the provider either, as sometimes guards will ask us who we are going to visit and all the name we have is the girl's hobby name. Originally Posted by Raphael
"Gated" does not equate to "guarded"!
so true.
I hate the things.
I think gated communities are great for the hobby and I think you should move into one ASAP.

Trust me.
"Gated" does not equate to "guarded"! Originally Posted by Dad
Oh no! I'm busted

Gated is fine so long as we are given the security code to enter. I never again want to be told to wait for the next car that gets in and then risk seeing the gate close back before I'm in.
I feel a slight sense of security going into a gated community or complex. Not a bad thing in my book.
I feel a slight sense of security going into a gated community or complex. Not a bad thing in my book. Originally Posted by jhndsi
Just so you know a lot of gated communities have cameras that film things such as cars and license plates, and most likely log the time when a car comes into the community. If I am visiting with a provider, I don't want any camera filming then logging in the time when I enter the property.
I regret to say I agree with DEAR_JOHN on this one
Gates, camera, witnesses... Doesn't bother me, but I leave them breathing when I leave. I'm just sayin...
Having gone the toll-tag route several years ago, I decided that I\'m going to give up some privacy without giving it a second thought. If someone wants to request all the different records available these days (cell phone bills, cameras on every street corner and in every retail store) to determine someone\'s whereabouts, power to \'em. I\'m not married, by the way
I only ask because I recently saw and ad that stated they were in a gated community and wondered how you all felt about this. I imagine it would give you a sense of being trapped if there were an occurrence.

On another note Dear John please stop changing your avatar to whatever one I am using. Be creative and go back to the topless Rosie O'Donnell one you had. You dedicate some time to this and it only serves to feed my ego, so if that's what your plan is carry on.

Back to topic. Gated Communities. Your thoughts and feelings on them.

Back to topic.
Didn't bother me in one of my sessions to a gated incall. I actually felt safer. I can't see much of a downside.