RIP Eddie Van Halen

What can you say? We’ve lost a rock ‘n’ roll God. A musical genius. A man who will definitely be on the mount Rushmore of guitar gods. This man basically wrote the soundtrack of my youth. I’ll be driving around blasting Eruption all night long.
my Favorite quote when DLR left the band. Eddie was asked if they would disband. he replied, "The name of the f*cking band is Van Halen, man, not Lee Roth,"
Damn.. I'm going to spin my DCC Gold cd of Van Halen's debut. Which by the way goes for well over $100, if you can score a copy. May be the greatest guitar album in history.

Saw Van Halen twice, Eddie's the Master!

RIP.
I never got to see the Roth led version of Van Halen, I regret that to this day, opportunities were there I just never took them ..... but I did see Van Hagar on the For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour in San Antonio ..... @nd best concert I ever attended, because after all, nobody beats Rush ..... RIP Eddie .....
I saw VH here in Dallas in the reunion tour with DLR and Eddie killed it! It was the only time I got to see the mighty Van Halen, and now I’m very sad that I won’t ever get to see them again.

RIP Eddie.

https://youtu.be/jqehktyOAAk
I got to see them four times. Twice with David Lee. And twice with Sammy.

The first time I saw them they opened up for Sabbath at the Tarrant County convention Center. I was eight years old and went there with my older brother to see Sabbath. I’ll never forget the lights went down and when they came back up this little long-haired guy jumped off the top of the speaker stacks started playing something I’ve never heard my life. He was finger tapping which again I didn’t know what finger tapping was but it turned out it was Eruption And then they slid into the Cradle will Rock!!! Again songs I’ve never heard before. Blew my mind. I told everyone I knew in my 3rd grade class about it including my teacher (Ms. Wells). And in less than three months everybody I knew I had that album.

The second time I saw them was in Houston on the 1984 tour. Again I had to sneak out because I got caught smoking weed by my mom when I was visiting her on summer break.

The third time I saw them was at the Dallas free make up show that they played in the West End Market Place. They were making up for a failed monsters of rock tour (Which sadly was basically the last Texas Jam) that Sammy had blown his voice out for and they promised to do a free show in Dallas to make up for it. Great show and a great time. Me and 14 of my friends drove from Burleson to Dallas and rented a shitty motel 6 and partied all night and then drove to the West End at 9 o’clock in the morning to stake out an area to see the show.
A time when we could still all come together for something like that and as long as you weren’t an asshole you could party your ass off and have a good time.!.!

The last time I saw them play live was the Balance tour. They played Reunion Arena. And did almost a 2 hour show.! I wish I new then what I knew now and I wouldn’t have missed a show after that.

The very last time I saw Eddie in person was unfortunately the night of the Dimebag Darrel memorial. He came up to the podium holding a bottle of wine and Eulogized Dimebag. He was clearly wasted(as he should have been) and mourned the loss of a brother in guitar arms.

Goodbye Eddie you will be missed but never forgotten.

P.S. I took a huge beating after the ‘78 show because my old man found out I was out if the house for 5 or 6 hours that night. Worth every hit!!!!!!
who?
RIP Brotherman
who? Originally Posted by winn dixie
You’ve heard of the guitar?
And maybe you’ve heard of Rock and Roll?
Now look up guitar + Rock + God + virtuoso
You’ve heard of the guitar?
And maybe you’ve heard of Rock and Roll?
Now look up guitar + Rock + God + virtuoso Originally Posted by Hank3fan
Nope nadda nothing

Who ever he is i feel for the family
Winn Dixie believes culture ended with Reconstruction.

Hank, I caught you in a historical screw up. I think.

You said it was 1978 when Van Halen opened for Sabbath.. I got that, but ''and the cradle will rock'' didn't come out until 1980. You have some 'splanin' to do.

By the way, What is up with the missing line in that song, now? I remember when there was a line where DL Roth says ''have you seen Junior's grades''?

But for years, when Heard on the radio, at least, that part is edited out. There is a noticeable pause in the song, where that spoken part used to be.. What gives?
Winn Dixie believes culture ended with Reconstruction.

Hank, I caught you in a historical screw up. I think.

You said it was 1978 when Van Halen opened for Sabbath.. I got that, but ''and the cradle will rock'' didn't come out until 1980. You have some 'splanin' to do. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
You’re right I meant “You really got me”, I was a little drunk and I was listening to Women and Children First last night when I was writing that synopsis of an experience I had 42 years ago when I was 8 years old.

And as far as the missing line I was unaware that had been edited out. I don’t really list to radio anymore. I listen to my iPhone or Sirius radio and it’s not been edited out on those.
Maybe it’s like the “everyone get a trophy” thing We’re not suppose to point out when some kids are bad student anymore. Every child is special. Lol.
Nope nadda nothing

Who ever he is i feel for the family Originally Posted by winn dixie
You should look it up like you tell everyone who queries the stuff you get from
Ever hear " runnin with the devil "

A part of me died on 10/6/2020.