It's the (Second) Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!!!

My (nearly) annual Colorado mule deer/elk hunting trek will be in November this year. As an added bonus, my son will be joining us on this year's trip. We normally try to go during October so we can be on the ground and ready for the start of Texas' deer season. Unfortunately, we were unable to coordinate dates this year until late in the Colorado hunting season.

The bad news: You never know what kind of weather you will get in the mountains that late in the year.

The good news:

The worst day out in the Colorado wilderness is still better than the best day at the office!
Beautiful country! Enjoy!
Something I always wanted to do but going blind put an end to most of my hunting.
I always wanted to do a combo in Montana.
My (nearly) annual Colorado mule deer/elk hunting trek will be in November this year. As an added bonus, my son will be joining us on this year's trip. We normally try to go during October so we can be on the ground and ready for the start of Texas' deer season. Unfortunately, we were unable to coordinate dates this year until late in the Colorado hunting season.

The bad news: You never know what kind of weather you will get in the mountains that late in the year.

The good news:

The worst day out in the Colorado wilderness is still better than the best day at the office! Originally Posted by bigtex

You and your son have FUN!

Something I always wanted to do but going blind put an end to most of my hunting.
I always wanted to do a combo in Montana. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
You shouldn't let that hold you back. You don't have to actually hunt to enjoy a hunting trip.

One of our regulars went with us twice after he became wheel chair bound. At first, he thought he was going to be a burden but that wasn't the case. We all pitched in to ensure that he had as good of a time as possible. RIP!

Something about being in the wilderness helps you put things in proper perspective.
Stay out of the poison ivy.
I still go at times, made a few trips with the guys to dove hunt and still have a great time.
Enjoy your time with your son. My dad was the best hunting buddy I ever had and I still miss our time in the field together as much now as the day he passed. This time of year reminds me so much of the great times we had.
Not for me but enjoy!!!
Who goes to Colorado to hunt these days?
  • Seedy
  • 09-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Have fun Bt.
Next week can't get here soon enough!

The good news:

The worst day out in the Colorado wilderness is still better than the best day at the office! Originally Posted by bigtex
I blame Obama.
I blame Obama. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Next week can't get here soon enough! Originally Posted by bigtex
I fit in a suitcase quite well!

(I'll even buy the Tommyknockers.)
I fit in a suitcase quite well!

(I'll even buy the Tommyknockers.) Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Make me an offer I can't refuse!