Alabama vs LSU

Whose going to when?
Whose = who's = who is?

When = win?
Today
The game is on tonight! I hope LSU wins. If Alabama was playing Moscow U, I would be pulling for Moscow U. After all they beat my Horns for a National Title.
LSU pulled it out in overtime. Good game.
this was a really boring game in my opinion. the ok state/k-state was a barn burner and came down to the final play too. each team scored near 50 points. the lsu/bama game reminded me of the seattle seahawks vs the cleveland browns from a few weeks ago which was boring as heck, and ended 6-3.

homie
All depends. Do you want to see great defenses, great athletes and hard hits, or just a bunch of former high school athletes?

When you consider the Les Miles expected the Tigers to score 35 -45 points, shows just how tough the defenses were.

As a Tiger fan, think it was a great game. You don't think an interception on the 1 yard line to stop a touchdown is exciting? A 73 yard punt to prevent Alabama from getting great field position? A blocked field goal?

Imagine what will happen to some of those high scoring teams if they were to enter Death Valley on a Saturday night in the fall. I really don't think Boise State, TCU or Houston want to play under those lights this year.

A couple of very closely matched teams that have been averaging double digit wins over ranked teams played to a 6-6 tie and needed overtime to settle the game. I don't think it gets better than that. But as a SEC alumni, guess I am used to defense, rather than all offense games.
Good thing for LSU Bama's kickers sucked.
Good thing for LSU Bama's kickers sucked. Originally Posted by Wordsmith
And LSU's kickers knew how to kick.

Three field goals, and a 72 yard punt.

A lot of the early predictions said it would come down to turnovers (see Eric Reid's interception) and special teams.

Close games often come down to those two areas, and they hinge on one or two plays that could have/should have turned the whole game around.

I would love to see a stat on which team has played in the most overtime games since colleg football instituted overtime. I bet LSU has got to be up there close to the top in that category, especially among major college programs.
  • Oppa
  • 11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
this was a really boring game in my opinion. the ok state/k-state was a barn burner and came down to the final play too. each team scored near 50 points. the lsu/bama game reminded me of the seattle seahawks vs the cleveland browns from a few weeks ago which was boring as heck, and ended 6-3.
LSU and Bama were both averaging nearly 40 ppg before the game. They can score. Oklahoma State may witness it firsthand if they run the table and don't choke against OU.

It was a gut wrenching game for me to watch as an LSU fan. I think Eric Reid is the new Honey Badger.
LSU and Bama were both averaging nearly 40 ppg before the game. They can score. Oklahoma State may witness it firsthand if they run the table and don't choke against OU.

It was a gut wrenching game for me to watch as an LSU fan. I think Eric Reid is the new Honey Badger. Originally Posted by 7th is Heaven
I haven't followed Bama, but the thing about LSU that has stood out this year is their depth at many positions. With multiple suspensions, etc. they still had All American quality athletes, especially on defense, to backfill the holes. Eric Reid is just one of many defensive backs that LSU has to allow their defensive line the opportunity to chew up the opponents quarterback.

Just think if LSU had a top notch QB of their own who stayed out of bars. I have felt all season that LSU was over rated because of their weakness at the QB position, but they haven't let that stop them from finding ways to win.
Everybody can say what they want. Talk is cheap. LSU has played and beat at least 5 ranked teams. Defense wins games. LSU beat one of the best defenses in the country at their home field. Just think if we had a good QB with that defense and special teams!!!!!

Geaux Tigers!!!!
  • Go4it
  • 11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
BBBBBOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNN NNNNGGGGGGGGG!

Maybe I'll start watch golf or soccer.
I guess boring is in the eye of the beholder. Lsu made Oregon's offense look boring. Bama made Arkansas's office look boring. The tigers have beaten 6, yes, 6 ranked teams this year, including two ranked # 2. And still have to play the razorbacks #7 and then hopefully sec championship. Stanford has not played one ranked team so far. And while Boise should get a small amount of love, they play mountain west teams. Going undefeated in the mountain west is not in the same universe as the SEC even in a down year.The two best teams in the country played Sat nite. The reason not many points were scored was that both teams are absolutely loaded with Nfl talent.
  • Go4it
  • 11-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Both teams being loaded with NFL talent has nothing to do with a low scoring game or every NFL game would end 3 - 0.

It was boring. If you like zero offense and nothing happening then it was a hell of a game.

If you liked that game you gotta love soccer at least they don't stop every 15 seconds, get together and talk it over, run for 3 yards, fall down, and start all over again.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE college football. But that game was BBBBOOOORRRRIIINNNGGGG.

Can't wait to miss the rematch in January.

Actually the original poster had it right the first time. Whose going to when? We are still waiting for the answer. Especially the when.