Why men prefer lighter skin women

I bring this up in light of a related discussion earlier "wheres the love?"
I believe the lighter the skin of a woman makes them more sexually desirable for men, in that the lighter or whiter the skin makes it seem for the man the more whiter/lighter purer to Defile/Deflower
For example: Geishas in Japanese cultures using white alabaster paint in their makeup & the undeniably highly desire for Redheads because of the whitest/paler skin;

This line of thought for males is not logical, intellectual, or reasonable, but speaking from a man's perspective, hightens sexual awareness and desire when around said females; I'm from a biology/evolution background and I cannot even reason out evolutinary advantage to such preference

Not in defense but in honestly this desire for lighter skinned women is superficial/temporary and doesn't equate to more than momentary fullfillment, actualization, or happiness and nothing to do with love or socialization, but lets face it first/superficial impressions count

Another theory I have on it is due to mere physics of light and the human eye; whiter or lighter things reflect light so there fore a lighter or whitest skin women would be more "luminescent" =? attractive/noticeable/pleasing/easier to the human eye, (take for example humans likeness for diamonds, glitter, chrome rims, sunlight, white teeth lol) while darker harder to see shaded in the unknown/frightening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmXRp07Dhk

I'd be interstedd to hear people's thoughts about this
I blame it all on my first dance with a girl back when I was in 7th grade. She was my first dance and kiss. She was white. The majority of women who have shown interest in me in my civie life have been white. That is what I am use to and shape what I prefer. I never say never though....

sixx
Hmm and I thought I needed a tan! lol I am definatly a true red head by all means with the" porcelain" skin (it's sounds prettier than pale lol. Of course i do have a few freckles ; )
Hmmm, I read somewhere that black women have a higher level of testosterone. Maybe that has something to do with some people's less desire to be with a black woman?
I don't know if that is accurate or a fact. I just remember hearing it somewhere.
Kim,
You don't need a tan! You look gorgeous! I need to drive to DFW!
AcesHigh
easy. hollywood & pop culture. goes for both sexes.
uhhh... really? Black women have more testosterone? Is that to say they are more manly? I will have to vehemently disagree. Testosterone is not allocated by the amount of pigment in your skin Miss Shayla.

I agree with the original poster as far as the preference for light skin. In ancient Greek the image of beauty was the pale, white prepubescent boy with fair skin, fair hair and eyes. It was a representation of holiness and sanctity. In a review of Grecian art you will see the depiction of porcelain angelic statues and paintings. The desire to befoul and desecrate something seemingly so pure and unadulterated is instinctive and overwhelming.

Consider a young boy who walks into a sparkling, clean, white room. within 20 minutes there's mud on the floor, grass stains on the wall and food on the ceiling.

The idea of getting something 'clean' dirty is insatiable for some. It's almost like a taboo....

Just my opinion.
I love pale skin, tanned skin, tan lines yumm, latin brown, Mediterranean olive, Asian tint and dark nubian skin. The other post had more to do IMO with being an unverified provider and one particularly unflattering picture than her skin tone. IMO of course.

showcases are full of hot as fuck ladies of every color except Kirk-green

Or maybe I watch true Blood too much. The third pic reminded me more of one sibling than the other hot as fuck one. In the eyes of this beholder anyway.
  • Fsn57
  • 07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
I think such preferences, and what men think is attractive is largely a learned, environmental thing rather than a biologically programmed issue. For example, in Shakespeare's time, women with pale skin were attractive. A tan was a indicator of being a worker/laborer and wasn't attractive. In today's culture a tan is sexy to a lot of people and the lily white skin that used to be attractive doesn't look as good to many.

I would guess that the white face paint of the Japanese has similar roots as to what it says about a girl's social standing, thus what is attractive. Chinese women used to have bound feet, which was an indicator of social status and thus something attractive at the time. If you've ever seen pics of bound feet, to me they look horrible.

Toned women look sexy today, but look at the nude sculptures and paintings of the 1300-1700's and you see their attractive women not to be so toned or athletic.

Basically, in my opinion beauty is subjective, learned and very culturally based. Its not a constant and many times doesn't seem to have any strong foundation in biological factors, but more social factors.
I love brown skin !!!
I don't know if that is accurate or a fact. I just remember hearing it somewhere. Originally Posted by Shayla
Well then!
Damn, wonder what the hell happened to me then? I'm white and in 30 years of dating can count on one hand how many white women I've been with. Most of my adult life I've dated black, hispanic and asian. I've always been turned on by the darker skin tone.
beauty is subjective, learned and very culturally based. Its not a constant and many times doesn't seem to have any strong foundation in biological factors, but more social factors.

I totally agree.
One man's Janet Reno, is another man's Cleopatra.
...I believe the lighter the skin of a woman makes them more sexually desirable for men, in that the lighter or whiter the skin makes it seem for the man the more whiter/lighter purer to Defile/Deflower ... Originally Posted by ad1179

Speak for yourself bud...

Personally, paper white, pale people look kinda sickly to me.
I totally agree.
One man's Janet Reno, is another man's Cleopatra.
Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin

Fortunately, for Janet, at least.