STILL no notification emails!

I read where a few others are having the same issues.
I have one email address specifically for ECCIE PM's. In the few years I have used it, I never once received any spam. And I have checked the spam folder.
I did as other have done, tinkered with my user CP and re-entered the information I already had, just to see what, if anything, would happen.
The emails appear sporadically, some I get, some I don't, and I find them only by moving from reading one thread to another.
Can someone please offer advice or a comment on whether or not this site is having the issue?
Thank you.
This is also happening too me. :-(
I have also noticed that the site goes down a lot lately. Could it be a DOS attack?
  • YoHou
  • 12-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I have also noticed that the site goes down a lot lately. Could it be a DOS attack? Originally Posted by Nicolet
if it were a DOS attack it wouldn't last long, but it might have stayed down if it were a DDOS.

Anyways, it's not DDOS or DOS because it's still up and just a database error.

This forum is fucked up.
Go to your sent messages folder and delete everything. You only get to store 100 pm's (this includes your inbox and sent messages.

My message box yesterday said it was 100% full. A gentleman sent me a pm which was not forwarded to my email because of this. I just happened to sign on to see the pm and subsequently deleted my messages to clear the problem up. Hope this helps.

Also, if you use AOL you will probably need to get a different ISP email.
Thank you HCM, the amount of PM's isn't the issue. I always clear out messages when it gets close to the 500 mark. Something else is going on, and has been for quite while without an announcement of some kind. I find that odd as well. Especially with all the squeaky wheels!
Its been 6 days, and longer, and I am still not getting email notifications. If anyone else has been having these issues for as long or longer, please post here!
  • YoHou
  • 12-21-2014, 02:11 PM
I get PM notifications now, but some of the thread subscription ones come and go.

This forum is flawed big time.
  • Mokoa
  • 12-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Have you tried using a different email provider? The one you are currently using may be blocking your emails to and from Adult sites like this one. AOL is known to be doing that and there may be others.
  • YoHou
  • 12-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Have you tried using a different email provider? The one you are currently using may be blocking your emails to and from Adult sites like this one. AOL is known to be doing that and there may be others. Originally Posted by Mokoa

really, AOL, 2014 who uses AOL still?
really, AOL, 2014 who uses AOL still? Originally Posted by YoHou
I still have An AOL email address... Some people in LA.... Well..... There are swamps there... Ha!
Nic! Have a great Holiday Season!
  • Mokoa
  • 12-21-2014, 11:01 PM
really, AOL, 2014 who uses AOL still? Originally Posted by YoHou
Yes, AOL is still around. They currently own the technology news blog TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, Moviefone, Engadget and Mapquest among others. Although they are not the popular online service they once were, they are still here and they still have a following.
Sorry for squeaking so loud, Mokoa. But a lady has to get her messages, right?
I use yahoo for my email. While they are slower than molasses, it still works. And what was that other thing you mentioned, AO......what? I haven't used that since Christ wore short pants!
Having the same problem, lost some appts because they said I never responded, but I never got a notice I had a pm like i use to