Texas Mens Basketball

We are ranked # 10 pre season. Kansas ranked # 5. Hope to win the Big 12 this year. Kansas has won an unbelievable 10 times in a row.
Fuhgeddaboudit.
Kentucky #1. Twins are back. It will be wire to wire for UK.
I hope UT wins, but I think Barnes needs to make a deep run, Sweet 16 minimum to stay. He has been here a long while with not much to show for it IMO. Yes, there was that Final Four run with TJ Ford, but that was a few years ago.

Penders took it up a notch and Barnes ran with it. I think we need to get a coach to take the next step and finish the race.

sixx
I hope UT wins, but I think Barnes needs to make a deep run, Sweet 16 minimum to stay. He has been here a long while with not much to show for it IMO. Yes, there was that Final Four run with TJ Ford, but that was a few years ago.

Penders took it up a notch and Barnes ran with it. I think we need to get a coach to take the next step and finish the race.

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
A few years ago? 2003 to be exact. Barnes is a decent coach but far from great. His teams perform much poorer than expected just about every year except for last year. Time will tell whether or not last year was simply an anomaly. I had season tickets one year back in the Pender's years and his coaching style was simple -- try to outscore the other team with no game plan on how to do it.
Last year was fun to watch. With everybody back besides Walker (kicked off for domestic violence and then disregarding a protection order) who was off the bench but a scorer we should be very tough. We are always tough defensively but need to score in the clutch. Lets see what Miles Turner does. We were finally able to keep a blue chipper home. As far as KY goes their 2nd team would be ranked they are so good. How they got beat by UConn in the final I'll never know. Louisville should of won it again. Dec 5th game at Rupp against KY will be a must see. I'm a season ticket holder for the last 6 years. It's going to be fun!