The Greatest is Gone.. Muhammed Ali.. R.I.P

who will ever forget Howard Cosell yelling, "down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier!"?

battled Parkinson's for some 30 years.. class act..

"I aint got no quarrel with the Viet Cong.. no Viet Cong ever called me Nigger"...
A giant. And a great quote that crystallized the absurdity of the war.
Even as a semi racist old white guy......I liked Muhammad ali.....he was an American icon.......there hasn't been a boxer to compare with him......maybe mike Tyson, but he wasn't nearly as sharp as Ali.......A really good man gone...........
R.i.P Muhammed Ali
The Greatest is gone RIP Muhammed Ali
RIP Muhammed Ali. Will never forget watching all the Ali- Frazier fights back in my college days.
RIP to a good man, brotha

"I aint got no quarrel with the Viet Cong.. no Viet Cong ever called me Nigger"... Originally Posted by Chung Tran
That's a great quote. RIP Ali.
RIP Ali..

"Is that all you got George" - Ali
R.I.P to the Greatest Of All Time.
RIP CHAMP he was simply the greatest of all time
R.I.P
Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like A Bee.....
I almost cried as a young lad when he lost to Frazier. He was way before his time!
His sense of humor and his bantering with Howard Cosell was priceless.
The courage to stand up against the government over a senseless war...
raise your hand if you remember this song when it came out in 1975.. one of the most unusual top 40 hits I can recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKpsPbwScw

I think about Ali in the same way as Martin Luther King, in the sense that both were vilified by many in the 1960's for their willingness to stand up against injustice.. then years later, upon re-evaluation, seems like both are universally applauded, and any remaining enemies are hiding under rocks.

I guess Eric Snowden will get the same re-evaluation around 2040