Real Beauty

And your point is?

Don't we all dream a little dream?
Exactly, BB! I love those kinds of videos. You can probably Photoshop a turd, and make it look pretty LOL. I wish more people realized how much pictures were altered by computers, lighting and make up to make people look that attractive. Would make a lot of people feel a lot more comfortable in their own skin, and happy with who they are on the outside. Just sad that others don't realize that no one is perfect on the outside (or on the inside for that matter). Typically I have found if they are outwardly perfect, that's usually about all they have going for them anyway so in fact they are still lacking something...a good personality and/or intelligence LOL. We are all in the same ocean, just navigating different boats.
Very, very true.

Kiss Kiss
MJ
I wish more people realized how much pictures were altered by computers, lighting and make up to make people look that attractive. Would make a lot of people feel a lot more comfortable in their own skin, and happy with who they are on the outside. Just sad that others don't realize that no one is perfect on the outside (or on the inside for that matter). Originally Posted by BottomlessFilth
That's pretty much what the Dove commercials were going for (well, and to sell more soap). Dove provided a curriculum to schools and counselors to use to work with girls on self-esteem issues. I've used the materials a number of times in conjunction with middle school teachers to teach media literacy and awareness to make kids understand that what they see in commercials isn't really "real".

Another video from the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6JvK0W60I

The extreme PhotoShop one didn't surprise me much -- he may as well have been painting a new picture with how much he changed it.
I hadn't seen that video KCQuestor. Its pretty scary when you really think about it.