Just my luck, got to take it easy for a bit

So, I was at lunch with the SO over the weekend. We were walking around when a young girl comes up to compliment my SOs hair. Of course the girl looks familiar, it's a sales girl from VS. Then she asks the SO if she enjoyed the gift card I got her from VS. The SO gives me the what is she talking about look...I look at the girl and tell her it wasn't for her so the young girl is embarrassed. I'm stuck with a 100 n 1 questions over the weekend. I guess it's Murphy's law and karma all at once! I'll have to go on cruise control for a few weeks or so!
You said it wasn't for her...?!? Holy shit, man!

You would think management would teach their employees to be DISCREET...especially a place like this where guys tend to buy gifts for their "other" girlfriends. Sheesh....
I would have said, "I'm sorry, you must be confusing me with someone else".

Deny, deny, deny.
Or "I haven't given it to her yet. You're spoiling the surprise". Then run like hell out and get one for her.
I'm really sorry this happened to you baby. I hope we can continue to see each other I really appreciate your gift cards you are the best.
I'm really sorry this happened to you baby. I hope we can continue to see each other I really appreciate your gift cards you are the best. Originally Posted by KaitlynDior
Ditto one of my atfs... That was very unprofessional of her.
that is crazy.its victoria secrets that airhead clerk should of kept it a secret.
Omg...eeek, sorry that happened!!!

Which VS? I don't care about which girl it was, but I'd be happy to call as a non-involved out of town third party and rip their manager a new one!
OP:

All on you, OP.
telling us you are on cruise control is not the denouement we are looking for!

what did you finally say about the gift? what lie were you able to spin?
You're not very good at LYING, are you?
Try "Honey, I'm such an ass. I got you the card and stuck it in my back pocket, so you wouldn't see it in my wallet. I must have dropped it at the grocery store when I went to buy your tampons. I'm sorry. I wanted to surprise you.
Oh, and dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes. Let me get you some more wine.
[From the kitchen] Did the new 'Vette drive okay? Do you like the color?"
Was the VS girl hot? Maybe she'll give you a makeup fuck.
So which one of your male friends did you say you were getting it for? And how did you explain that you thought he'd look good in something from VS?

But seriously, if you told the SO its not for her, who did you say it was for?
I guess Vicky's "secret" is out! That was very unprofessional of her!

Sorry that happened...best bet would have been to get the wifey one too when you were getting the other.