Medellin and Parque Lleras

I've heard that parque lleras has changed recently. Has anyone been there after april? What's it like now?
The Colombian government is cracking down on sex tourists. Medellin has made huge changes with checkpoints in Poblado and Laureles. There have been a few arrests of Americans trafficking minors. They have been turning tourists away at immigration in MDE and BOG, if they can’t provide a valid reason for visiting.
I've heard that parque lleras has changed recently. Has anyone been there after april? What's it like now? Originally Posted by annoysumo

Not safe... I don't recommend going there. You would be wise to stay away from Medellin, unless you have personal connections that you would trust with your life.

I have known someone from Bello for 2 years now. I would not go to Medellin had I not those connections. It is very easy to get yourself into serious trouble in that city, especially if you are going for the ladies.
They have been turning tourists away at immigration in MDE and BOG, if they can’t provide a valid reason for visiting. Originally Posted by wagdawg
.....and you know this how? Post your credible source and links.
I go to Medellin 2-3 times a year for the past 10 years.I have no problems getting around and feel safe. I stay in Poblado at the Mansion. The 2 malls within 6 blocks of there are equal or better than anything in Dallas. I haven't seen any turned away at immigration. Parque Lleras is back to normal now. It was just a crack down that lasted not long.
.....and you know this how? Post your credible source and links. Originally Posted by Mental AtrraXXXion

I'm not sure they doing this every single day, for every single flight. But apparently, it is happening at least occasionally, at minimum.

https://youtu.be/pFDu6T6QbEo?feature=shared
I am heading that way November 15th I will report back!