Who plays any musical instruments?

I play very horrible guitar but reasonably decent drums. Today I've had my favorite 80's pop station on Pandora cranked up to "11," playing along with Duran Duran, J Geils Band, The Go-Go's, The Outfield, etc. Having a blast with it.

I'm looking to start doing some recording on Garage Band but I'm not exactly sure what I need to connect my Roland kit to Garage Band on my iPad.
I play bass guitar, drums, rhythm guitar, piano, and lap steel.

To answer your second question, you’ll need at least 2-3 mics for you kick, snare and toms, and an audio interface.

Watch this video. Very informative and will walk you step by step on recording drums on an IPad:

https://youtu.be/IaoVaA97QAM
I play the acoustic guitar and played the French Horn from 9th till 11th grade.
I play the acoustic guitar and played the French Horn from 9th till 11th grade. Originally Posted by Namaste69
Hello fellow brass player! I played trumpet in high school and college myself. Haven’t picked one up in many years, but I bet I could still play a mean C scale. I definitely still remember all the fingerings.
I play bass guitar, drums, rhythm guitar, piano, and lap steel.

To answer your second question, you’ll need at least 2-3 mics for you kick, snare and toms, and an audio interface.

Watch this video. Very informative and will walk you step by step on recording drums on an IPad:

https://youtu.be/IaoVaA97QAM Originally Posted by Parttimehobbyist
Wow! That is an impressive array of instruments to know!

I am not sure I was clear, but I don’t need to record ambient drums. I have an electronic Roland kit, so I think it would just be a matter of finding the right MIDI interface. Maybe something like an iRig would work.
I play trombone, trumpet and french horn. Haven't played in quit a while but can blow.
Any rusty trombone playing?
Played saxophone in high school. Used to play a pretty mean piano. Been a few years since I did it though.
Guitar and bass. You need a recording interface spanky. Line 6 ux series is about 100$. What I did and it worked fantastic for me with my imac and garage band is I picked up a Samson studio gt speaker set. Its a set of studio quality monitors with a built in interface that connects to your computer with a USB and garageband or any other recording software recognizes it as a line in input. Works with your standard 1/2 in phono cord(guitar cord) or you can use a pic if your recording drums or acoustic instruments. Best of all it came with a nice mic and you also get the funtionality of a cool practice amp even when not recording as the speakers work as a small PA even when not hooked up to the computer. They run about 150-200 and they used to have them in stock at best buy.
Guitar and bass. You need a recording interface spanky. Line 6 ux series is about 100$. What I did and it worked fantastic for me with my imac and garage band is I picked up a Samson studio gt speaker set. Its a set of studio quality monitors with a built in interface that connects to your computer with a USB and garageband or any other recording software recognizes it as a line in input. Works with your standard 1/2 in phono cord(guitar cord) or you can use a pic if your recording drums or acoustic instruments. Best of all it came with a nice mic and you also get the funtionality of a cool practice amp even when not recording as the speakers work as a small PA even when not hooked up to the computer. They run about 150-200 and they used to have them in stock at best buy. Originally Posted by Bigarcock
Interesting, thanks! I will check that out.

Things have changed so much...when I was in a band in college the band’s guitarist and I went halves on a Tascam 4 track and thought it was the bee’s knees to be able to “bounce” four whole tracks for overdubs!
Hello fellow brass player! I played trumpet in high school and college myself. Haven’t picked one up in many years, but I bet I could still play a mean C scale. I definitely still remember all the fingerings. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Ditto
Many of the gals here play a mean skin flute. The rest play a latex flute.
  • MrGiz
  • 08-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Uh-Oh. . . imagine that!! A Doc In The Rock and me thinking the same thing at the same time!
Sincerely sorry... I didn't intend it!
Many of the gals here play a mean skin flute. The rest play a latex flute. Originally Posted by Rockydoc
You stole my answer.
Uh-Oh. . . imagine that!! A Doc In The Rock and me thinking the same thing at the same time!
Sincerely sorry... I didn't intend it!
Originally Posted by NTJME
Some things are so obvious that we could not help but agree. I suspect we agree more often than not.

Imagine you agreeing with Ginger and me in 3 adjacent posts