Best Food in DFW

Not only am I a man whore but a very close food whore as well. I'm a big fan of The Londonner's fish and chips, Fadis sultan sampler among others. What's your favorite restaurant and food?
Expand your horizons and geographic area a bit. Go to Boyd, Tx and try GoGo Gumbo. Open Tues-Sat 4-10. Get there early.
May be Old School .. but I love Cool River in Las Colinas for great drinks - food - atmosphere
The londoners fish And chips rock. But lockharts smokehouse briskit was like heaven
  • EZ.
  • 12-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Home style cooking AllGood Cafe is hard to beat. I haven't been there since I moved back to Dallas but Sweet Georgia Brown for lunch was unreal. Best Cajun food: my kitchen. Tonight was Shrimp Sauce Piquant. That will make your sticker peck out.
Damnit Imma getting hungry again
The londoners fish And chips rock. But lockharts smokehouse briskit was like heaven Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Lockharts is overpriced mediocre BBQ at best
Like EZ says, AllGood Cafe is usually always a good place for homestyle cooking. Their Mega Egga sammich is very filling and the chicken fried steak is tasty. If you have a chance, the herb roast chicken is one of their best plates, in my opinion.

Of course, we can't forget Twisted Root burgers. Original location is still in Deep Ellum. The only place I know of that gives you the option of beef, bison or exotic game. Try the adult milkshakes!

Another favorite of mine is The Elbow Room Bar & Kitchen on Gaston. It has a Goodfella's menu. The stuffed meatballs are awesome! The kitchen closes at 1am.

Pope's Fried Chicken on East Side and Columbia/Main, right off Hwy 30 in East Dallas. The best fried chicken I've found in a long time. No indoor seating. Only 2 outdoor picnic tables and maybe 5 parking spaces. The general area is rough but as long as you don't bother anyone, no one cares.

Jimmy's Italian Deli on Fitzhugh @ Bryan. Sketchy neighborhood but it's redeveloping. Limited parking right outside the door. Huge sammichs! You won't leave hungry!

Mojo Donuts on Lemmon at Mockingbird. Small purple building with bright pink lettering. Hit it early! Opens at 5:30am. Specialty items and the usual fare. Blueberry fritters are yum!

Velvet Taco is pretty good, especially late nite grub. Tiny parking lot on the corner of Henderson & 75. As soon as it's pulled off the grill, eat fast! The tortillas are stuffed full and will fall apart if you're slow. Don't skip the sides of roasted potatoes and buttered corn!

I'm sure there will be more replies but this is what I could volunteer at the moment ...

If you like meat:Palm,Als,Bobs.
Shush:i Tei Tei, Tei An, Oishii, or NOBU(special occasions-they price it for the NBA teams stayin there. ie, high.
Jimmy's is in a "sketchy" neighborhood? Who knew? Cafe Urbano is right around the corner in an adjacent building. Two of Dallas best Thai restaurants -- Bangkok City and Shakuu are a few block towards downtown. Mai's Vietnamese is also nearby. Pretty much one of the best culinary areas if town. The Taquria that's between Jimmy's and Bangkok used to be excellent, too. But it's changed hands and gone down hill.

I've probably eaten at these restaurants close to 100 times if you take then all together. Parked Porsches, Mercedes, and BMWs out side of all of them at all hours and never had a problem of any kind.
Lockharts is overpriced mediocre BBQ at best Originally Posted by txexetoo
Sorry u did not like it. Lived in texas 30 years and best i have had . But fish and chips at fillmore pub in plano are very good too. And a great pub
  • broes
  • 12-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Lockharts is overpriced mediocre BBQ at best Originally Posted by txexetoo
The sausage and chicken were overpriced and mediocre. The brisket and the shoulder clod are best in DFW level.
Jimmy's is in a "sketchy" neighborhood? Who knew? Cafe Urbano is right around the corner in an adjacent building. Two of Dallas best Thai restaurants -- Bangkok City and Shakuu are a few block towards downtown. Mai's Vietnamese is also nearby. Pretty much one of the best culinary areas if town. The Taquria that's between Jimmy's and Bangkok used to be excellent, too. But it's changed hands and gone down hill.

I've probably eaten at these restaurants close to 100 times if you take then all together. Parked Porsches, Mercedes, and BMWs out side of all of them at all hours and never had a problem of any kind. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

Really?!?! I mentioned it because I stood in front of Jimmy's after attending a little league baseball game during last summer and gun shots could be heard right down the street in the middle of the day.

Just because it doesn't happen to every person who's been in the general area, doesn't mean it isn't possible or didn't occur at all. There's no excuse for discounting the truth since you weren't next to me at the time.

We could've gone on for the next quarter of a century without you sidelining part of the topic. Quit finding ways to pick things apart. You seem to have a knack for it.

Good to Go taco in Garland (next to Goodfriend bar). If this were in Plano, I would eat there every day.
Sorry u did not like it. Lived in texas 30 years and best i have had . But fish and chips at fillmore pub in plano are very good too. And a great pub Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Try Rail Head or Hard Eight. Both put Lockhart to shame