Worst movies

One of my favorites of all time, although I forgot to put it in my post in the favorites thread. Originally Posted by what the hell
I do like Nite at the Roxberry though
Twilight. The Eclipse.

Why can't the convince Wesley Snipes' Blade to star in one of these damn movies and kill them all and be done with it?
Twilight. The Eclipse.

Why can't the convince Wesley Snipes' Blade to star in one of these damn movies and kill them all and be done with it? Originally Posted by LazurusLong
What? It didn't make you all squeely in your nethers?

Seriously, I think this is the only thing we'll ever agree on.
We have favorite movies/tv shows threads, what about the worst? And why are they so bad?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Walked out of the theater after about 15 minutes. What was it about? It didn't look like it was going anywhere, and fast.

The Fisher King - Robin Williams naked, enough said. Walked out. Actually the movie was terrible long before that scene. Originally Posted by what the hell
I flat disagree with you here.

The Fisher King is an excellent film. You have to like Terry Gilliam's sense of humor, but the film is quite good. It get's 7.5/10 on imdb.com and received fairly good reviews.

As to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, it a tough film to deal with. Like Elizabeth, I'm very familiar with and love the book. And the film definitely suffers in comparison. But how else could you turn that book into a firm?

And if you have ever seen Hunter Thompson in public, Johnny Depp really nails the way Thompson talked and acted. Not so much the look, the the resemblance was uncanny.

Was it hopelessly disorganized? Yes, but so was the book. And again, it's a Terry Gilliam film so it requires a lot from the audience, including probably a good acquaintanceship with the book and with the good doctor.
The Cell
Vanilla Sky .. I still don't get it.
Son of the Mask
Battlefield Earth
Catwoman .. Hell, most of the shit done with Halle Berry, add Gothika.
Nutty Professor 2
Toys
Superman 3 and 4
Dumb And Dumberer
Striptease/Showgirls .. I get those two turds mixed up.
Anaconda
Grease 2
All the Spiderman movies
Highlander 2
Anything to do with Tyler Perry. ... I'm not a fan of modern day minstrels.
Batman & Robin .. Clooney sucked as batman.
Wild Wild West .. good thing I saw that trash for free when I stole cable.
3/4 of Eddie Murphy movies.
Oh yea.. My Life, if you still remember that movie I feel sorry for you.

.. and other bullshit like Cop and A Half.
TTH,

Compare the Lord of the Rings movie when they first came out to Fear and Loathing. If folks had not read them, they were lost in the movie.

Today's remakes were just CGI filled with gore and even then most didn't know or care that much abiut the story.
  • JnR82
  • 06-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Twilight. The Eclipse.

Why can't the convince Wesley Snipes' Blade to star in one of these damn movies and kill them all and be done with it? Originally Posted by LazurusLong
How about the entire trilogy?

That movie couldn't be anymore feminine and poorly directed.
Troll 2. It's terrible. So bad I think I'll watch it again tonight.
How about the entire trilogy?

That movie couldn't be anymore feminine and poorly directed. Originally Posted by JnR82

Agreed!!!! Worst looking werewolves and glitter on the vampire?? Seriously??? G A Y

Anything with The Rock in it...

Anything with John Cena...

Rocky V

Dragonball Evolution

Men In Black (both of them)
That movie where the penguin dances. Dumb concept pushed further down by inappropriate music (gangsta rap) for a kids movie. Love Grandmaster Flash's "The Message" but it doesn't belong in a movie aimed at 6-10 year old. Nobody is pushing penguins 'close to the edge...' Originally Posted by gnadfly
Who knew 'The Message' was classified as 'gangsta rap'? What's so 'gangsta' about that particular song? Too funny...

I do not watch any movie that has Steven Segal in it. Also dislike 'The Twilight' saga movies.

Jas
Any movie with Steven Segal in it...

Outside of him being one of the worst actor EVER am I the only one that noticed he has NEVER LOST A FIGHT in any of his movies. I dont even think he has ever even been hit in any movie he stared in. Originally Posted by bigmofo
in The Glimmer Man he was

I agree not good acting but his martial arts attract fans
I didn't like Return of the Living Dead II-same 2 stars as different characters hence remake
I do like Nite at the Roxberry though Originally Posted by Tara Evans

I agree it was sort of stupid

SNL movies used to be good
Dumb and Dumber is also a favorite of mine. Super classic, and yes... very dumb! But funny!
I didn't like Return of the Living Dead II-same 2 stars as different characters hence remake Originally Posted by geniusman
The first one was awesome. I even have the soundtrack to it. But then it progressively got worse sequel after sequel.