West Nile is here

The first human case (in 2019) of West Nile Virus was reported yesterday in Tarrant county.

Health officials urge the public to take protective measures by utilizing the ‘4Ds’ to reduce the risk of West Nile virus:

DEET - All Day, Every Day: Whenever outside, use FDA approved insect repellents that contain DEET, picaridin or lemon eucalyptus oil.

DRESS: Wear long, loose-fitting, light-colored clothing when going outdoors.

DRAIN: All areas of standing water in or around your home where mosquitoes can lay their eggs.

DAWN, DAY & DUSK: Limit your time outside as mosquitoes will bite at any time - day or night.
thanks Alaine, good information.

when I hear the word "deet", I always think of "Dit" (pronounced the same), the Vietnamese word for "Ass" (in Noun form). it can also be used to mean "fuck" (in verb form) in the right context.
Thank you alaine.

Some 20 odd years ago I had a good friend who’s wife contracted West Nile while doing yard work, she became a near vegetable from it’s effects...I haven’t been in touch with him in years but I believe she made a slow, partial recovery.

What’s odd is there is a vaccine for horses but not humans.
Hahaha who knew but you Chung.

thanks Alaine, good information.

when I hear the word "deet", I always think of "Dit" (pronounced the same), the Vietnamese word for "Ass" (in Noun form). it can also be used to mean "fuck" (in verb form) in the right context. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I suggest NOT bathing...insects haven't bothered me in years.
  • Crock
  • 08-12-2019, 11:20 AM

DEET - All Day, Every Day: Whenever outside, use FDA approved insect repellents that contain DEET, picaridin or lemon eucalyptus oil. Originally Posted by alaine
If anyone knows any Avon ladies, they have a product called Skin So Soft that somehow repels mosquitos naturally. When Avon found out that so many people were using it as mosquito repellent, they started adding picaridin to it and marketing it as a bug repellent. It's quite effective and very mild on the skin. I like using their combo sunscreen/bug repellent.