Why does some IDs show as BANNED?

I noticed while reading some of the posts, on the left under the id is BANNED, what does this mean.

I noticed it under a post by Tara Evans.
  • thx
  • 06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Basically, a person or persons can not conduct themselves in a mature and respectable way, and is marked Banned. Life is short enough without being around that negative energy.
Excellent reply thx. A member who has been banned can no longer post on ECCIE.

Torito
I noticed it under a post by Tara Evans. Originally Posted by nubuzz2010
There is normally no reason given when a person is banned.

But in Tara's case, there is a specific thread in the Dallas COED forum that a quick search will show you the reasons why she is currently banned.

Tara will be back online shortly because she only got a 30 day ban and since that was back around 5/28, her 30 days is almost over.

Sometimes you can click on a banned handle and read their recent posts to determine what they did wrong.

Searching on a handle can also give you the reasons.

Take the guy known as FWOG (I don't recall the full handle) but if you search the alerts, you will see the chain of events that led to his ban also.

ECCIE is much more lax in handing out points and bans that other boards such as the one that was huge before ECCIE, ASPD.

But that doesn't allow behavior that harms or insults others.

There's a thread someplace that lists the infractions that results in points and bans.
Thanks for the info everyone.