Visiting Fort Worth...what to do.

First trip out of state since single and I have no clue what to do.
I'll be in town a few days at the end of this week and just looking for recommendations on fun. Staying downtown. Where to eat, places to visit, in general what to do?
Fort Worth Stockyards is what most seem to love when they visit. It's about ten minutes north of downtown. Unique Texas style experience. Downtown and 7th street are nice but nothing you won't find in any other big city in the country.
Joe T Garcia’s is fun, if it isn’t raining. Guitars & Cadillacs is a fun night club.
I second Joe T. Garcia's; it's a Fort Worth institution. Note: Cash or check only.

The hatch brisket enchiladas at Enchiladas Ole on Forest Park might very well be my choice as my last meal.

Pete's Dueling Piano Bar downtown is fun.

Billy Bob's is billed as the world's largest honky-tonk and has several acts appearing each week.

A couple of rooftop bars might be cool -- Atico in the Stockyards and RTB downtown.

Several good steak places -- use Google and just pick one; you probably won't go wrong.

Between the zoo, the botanic gardens and the museums, you could spend a day between University and Montgomery and stay within a three-mile radius.

Used to be Angelo's and Railhead for barbecue, but the scene has gotten much better lately. You'll need to do a little research (Texas Monthly has a downloadable app just for barbecue), because locations and hours vary. Hurtado's is close to downtown and has evening hours, and it's good.
If you have some time to spend in line, Goldees was ranked #1 in TM’s most recent top 50 BBQ list. Far SE part of town.
I second Joe T. Garcia's; it's a Fort Worth institution.

The hatch brisket enchiladas at Enchiladas Ole on Forest Park might very well be my choice as my last meal.

Billy Bob's is billed as the world's largest honky-tonk and has several acts appearing each week. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I am another that will agree with Joe T. Garcia's and had it last week.

I had enchilada Ole last night at the new Camp Bowie location and everything on their menu is outstanding.

There are close to 100 bars off 7th street just West of downtown. Parking can be a issue but not normally during the week.

Several investors put in a boat load of money into the Fort Worth Stockyard area. Mule Alley is a big draw with restaurants from Celebrity Chef Tim Love. Here are a few of his places Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, Love Shack, Woodshed Smokehouse, and Queenie's Steakhouse.

I had enchilada Ole last night at the new Camp Bowie location and everything on their menu is outstanding. Originally Posted by jasonray2199

This is good news. Six miles now instead of 15. Three locations now -- she's come a long way since the strip-center location on Sylvania.
  • hrlee
  • 04-25-2024, 08:26 AM
Hit the back bar at Hotel Drover. Great MILF hunting
Joe T’s. Cattleman's Steakhouse in the stockyards is worth going to once. Don’t miss the calf fries.
Sounds like some good options
This is good news. Six miles now instead of 15. Three locations now -- she's come a long way since the strip-center location on Sylvania. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I took a 'friend' to Enchilada Ole to the Camp Bowie location yesterday and we give it a 'two thumbs up' for the food. She said it was more authentically Mexican. It is now on our dinning out' rotation as is Lucille's on Camp Bowie, and Charleston's on Hulen.
Definitely have to visit 7th st
Don Artemio's (Mexican) and Del Frisco's steakhouse!