can't stay loggedin.

Sometimes, happening right now, every link I click requires me to log in again.. it was not doing it last night, but was earlier yesterday. Anyone else have that issue? Could be some weird caching issue?
I have been having this problem for quite some time now, really annoying. I had inquired with my local mods and they suggested something about cookies. Not a real techno person myself and not sure I want to accept them on my device.
Just curious are you browsing in some kind of incognito mode ?
Yes
Yes Originally Posted by greyghost48
That could be part of it. What browser are you using and is it mobile or desktop? I’m using Firefox which is pretty decent.

Stupid question but are you clicking remember me when you login?
  • Mokoa
  • 08-03-2019, 01:34 AM
If you do not allow your browser to accept cookies from ECCIE it will not be able to remember any of your session information. That will cause the site to not treat you as a logged in member but as a lurker who is not logged in, hence the appearance of the ads.

Firefox, which I use myself, does allow you to delete cookies, browsing history as well as other session data when it closes. You can specify what to delete and what to keep.
Just curious are you browsing in some kind of incognito mode ? Originally Posted by Exchequer
Always. But I've since discovered it only seems to happen if i'm connected thru my phone's hotspot. So apparently, it's caching the pages.
This starting happening to me this week as well.

I cannot stay logged on though my phone. Nothing has changed on my end, I've actually had this exact phone for 3 years.
I notice this issue happens on the mobile version (m.eccie.net), especially when I try to click a link on an email notifying me I have a new PM. I'm already logged in, but the site will require I re-login anyways.