Real life names

Wondering how others guard their RL names. I have been open with a bunch of providers that I have become friends with. I am on a private face book page with some providers/clients. and of course our RL names are used. Just curious if I am the only one out here.
No, you aren't... :-) Some people are overly cautious to the point where it becomes humorous, others are probably way too open, or at least way too soon... It all depends how much someone has to lose.
tucson,

It's an issue that's based on trust that is earned over time.
You're not the only one.
It’s been two way street with me
The providers I have trusted with my RL name and job have in return gave me theirs
Again it’s after you have known them awhile
First name of course. They have to know what name not to yell out when they fake it.
It's a personal matter that is dependent on trust and each individual relationship. Several friends that have known me for years know a lot about my personal life as well, including my real name.
I hobby so infrequently that I rarely have valid or recent references. Additionally, I am retired and have had no work place to verify my ID for years. To get screened, I have had to provide my name and refer to my web-presence and provide my ECCIE handle etc.

Another set of complications is that I do very little with social media such as SnapChat, Twitter, Tumbler or FaceBook; ECCIE is pretty much it.

So yes . . . I often provide my RW name .. .kinda have to.
Staying off of ALL social media has protected my RW identity on the Interwebs.

Oh, and seeing only providers that don't "require" real world information has helped considerably!
I do not give my real name nor send pics of myself when being screened. If either of those is a requirement I just move on. I do not become friends with ladies I pay. We are cordial and talk but I never have to pay a friend. I do not mix business and emotions. I enjoy myself but I am only there for a short ride, not for a long term thing. Why risk giving her your real name? What benefit do I get? What benefit does she get? Not worth the risk.
Staying off of ALL social media has protected my RW identity on the Interwebs.

Oh, and seeing only providers that don't "require" real world information has helped considerably!
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight

You mean Ed isn't your real name?
Sweetheart and dude are the only names necessary. Who gives a shit anyway.
I am wiodowed and my family knows what I am doing. While on the subject I also meet with other clients several times a year. We just get together for lunch and talk about the women we have been with.
First name of course. They have to know what name not to yell out when they fake it. Originally Posted by Satyrrical
When they are really faking it well you will hear them refer to a deity. Oh god. Baby tebow. Etc.
So this is something humorous that I’ve noticed: the ladies know us by our RW names more than by our handles. I’ve had any number of exchanges with ladies that go,

“Do you know Jim? (Or Mark or Fred or Bill)”
“I’m not sure. What’s his handle?”
“I don’t know. He told me but I forgot.”

I know the RW names of very few mongers, but I know the RW names of quite a few ladies.
There are several ladies I know and know my real name. Mostly through prior life experience before becoming a provider. Las Vegas isn't that big and I run with a few circles that intertwine here. As long as they don't out me...I don't care but will always refer to them as they request. Most people in my everyday life don't even know my name. They know me by a nickname.