Best times to visit NOLA

Hello, I plan on taking a trip to New Orleans coming up. I was wanting to get opinions about the best time to visit, from people who live their or visit often. From what I've read, early Spring is a pretty good time (after the Mardi Gras crowds but before the summer). I've been once before, and we were there in early May. Thanks in advance.
Yes, the spring is very nice, especially mid April during French Quarter Festival, my favorite fest in NO. I also recommend late October, nice cool fall weather and Halloween is great here.
Yes, the spring is very nice, especially mid April during French Quarter Festival, my favorite fest in NO. I also recommend late October, nice cool fall weather and Halloween is great here. Originally Posted by MrLucky
Second that. If you have done the MardI Gras and don't like crowds what he said. French Quarter fest is my favorite also. There is always something to do every month there. Heat and humiduty in the summer is a beast.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to be able to visit around Halloween, but I don't think that's going to happen this year. I can only imagine Bourbon Street for Halloween. Definitely on my bucket list.
Man Bourbon st on Halloween is off the chain! Imagine fine women walking around with garters on. One year I saw a couple. The women was dressed as a dominatrix and she was leading her man by a chain with a mask on his face. You can only imagine. AnythING goes.