Happy Easter Everyone! *Hugs*

I know it is late in the evening but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter
I used to think that the majority of holidays were just fun for kids until I started to volunteer and my Grandmothers nursing home. For the past 2 weeks I have been decorating the residents rooms, making Easter baskets, and yesterday I was dying Easter eggs. Just the joy of helping others is wonderful but it really makes me happy to see how ecstatic it makes the residents there.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful fun day today.
In volunteering as you do, remember always, you are the gift!
  • Gulf2
  • 04-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Very nice post. Thank you, Lexxy.
Very admirable of you, Lexxxy.
thankyou & happy easter to you as well!
Happy Easter to you as well all be it a day late! But here in Buffalo, it's Dyngus Day! So let us celebrate! Get out the Pussy-Willows!!, annd lets squirt!
In volunteering as you do, remember always, you are the gift! Originally Posted by qixerotic
That is very touching, you are so right, it is sad that a lot of people are put into nursing homes and forgotten until they pass. Another sad part is that the majority of nursing homes are so understaffed that they don't have the time to decorate for the residents.
Thank you for your post sweets and thank you to everyone that wished me a happy Easter.
Oooh and Dyngus day, ready for your swat on the tush with a pussy-willow Bancroft?