• CJ7
  • 04-14-2014, 01:53 PM
the Feds are pissing gasoline on the campfire

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.c...ranchers-land/
Interesting.
  • CJ7
  • 04-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Interesting. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

this is the part where law biding Texans tell county commissioners to make funeral plans ... not vice versa
this is the part where law biding Texans tell county commissioners to make funeral plans ... not vice versa Originally Posted by CJ7
No one did in Nevada and no one will in Texas either.

Jim
  • Old-T
  • 04-30-2014, 03:14 AM
Sadly life--or in this case, carelessly written legal documents--isn't so simple.

If the two states define the boundary differently, and based upon that Texas is slowly but steadily acquiring land that used to be Oklahoma's land, then the only surprise is that it took this long for the argument about ownership to surface.

Do the Texas land owners who believe they have the right to freely annex tbd new land as the river moves north also understand that the Oklahoma landowners who are losing land might have a legitimate gripe? This is really no different than stupidly defining the boundary between my land and my neighbor's land by where he parks his pick-up, except in the case of the river it is always encroaching in one direction.

The singly biggest headache I face at work is dealing with poorly thought out, sloppy wording in legislation and regs. Contradictions, loopholes, ambiguities, or words that don't quite say what they meant.

This will be ugly no matter what is eventually decided, but no matter which way it goes the Oklahoma landowners are likely to get the short end.
  • Old-T
  • 04-30-2014, 03:15 AM
Sadly life--or in this case, carelessly written legal documents--isn't so simple.

If the two states define the boundary differently, and based upon that Texas is slowly but steadily acquiring land that used to be Oklahoma's land, then the only surprise is that it took this long for the argument about ownership to surface.

Do the Texas land owners who believe they have the right to freely annex tbd new land as the river moves north also understand that the Oklahoma landowners who are losing land might have a legitimate gripe? This is really no different than stupidly defining the boundary between my land and my neighbor's land by where he parks his pick-up, except in the case of the river it is always encroaching in one direction.

The singly biggest headache I face at work is dealing with poorly thought out, sloppy wording in legislation and regs. Contradictions, loopholes, ambiguities, or words that don't quite say what they meant.

This will be ugly no matter what is eventually decided, but no matter which way it goes the Oklahoma landowners are likely to get the short end.