When at a business, or pleasure, dinner meeting are there certain foods you avoid eating?

This topic is for everyone.

When out on a date in the demimonde, or business dinner, etc. are there certain foods you avoid ordering because of the mess or lack of delicacy to consume?

Was out on an off-the-clock lunch date last week, dropped some melted cheese (from my soup) on my shirt and was momentarily mortified.

Would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks,
Elisabeth
This topic is for everyone.

When out on a date in the demimonde, or business dinner, etc. are there certain foods you avoid ordering because of the mess or lack of delicacy to consume?

Was out on an off-the-clock lunch date last week, dropped some melted cheese (from my soup) on my shirt and was momentarily mortified.

Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

I always skip the foods that are heavy in garlic or hot spices. I don't want horrid breath the rest of the evening, or risk an upset stomach.

Nothing instills fear faster than that odd noise coming from your stomach.
Yes I always do, I always eat something light before.
For professional business dinners I'm down for pretty much everything but crab (too messy). I enjoy eating like a king in such scenarios.

However when out on a date I have learned to avoid asparagus as I had one date go really well back at my place until she let me CIM. Apparently asparagus does more than make your pee smell. The sound she made was hilarious and I've never seen a naked woman run so fast for the bathroom!
any thing with red sauce
it lands in the wrong place every time ..lol
Kale
Onions
Broccoli makes me fart
For professional business dinners I'm down for pretty much everything but crab (too messy). I enjoy eating like a king in such scenarios.

However when out on a date I have learned to avoid asparagus as I had one date go really well back at my place until she let me CIM. Apparently asparagus does more than make your pee smell. The sound she made was hilarious and I've never seen a naked woman run so fast for the bathroom! Originally Posted by Brandofan
100% true on the Asparagus.

I avoid PASTA, as it can be mess to eat and result in 'flipped stains" on your shirt or elsewhere. As others suggested, meat, fish, and fine dining are always my choices. If someone else is paying, I'm going Steak & Seafood.

And - be classy with the drinks. don't order a draft beer when at a luxury/business dinner. A fine wine or cocktail is much more appropriate.

and don't fart.

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/f...-eat-asparagus
Anything that could make me fart
Lol nice to see guys care about this kinda thing too
Things with a lot of grease, doesn't sit well, or really wet/liquidy plates. Onion or garlic. And stuff to eat with the hands, wings, burgers etc. I tend to avoid white shades of clothing.
Ribs. Don't do it!
Lol yep miss K...no ribs!!

No onions..heavy garlic..gravy...or rich deserts.
Always carry mints or small sample bottle of mouthwash in your purse
  • Crock
  • 04-28-2019, 01:06 AM
Interesting trivia about stinky asparagus pee: only 1 out of every 5 people can smell it.

I avoid a few things at business dinners or first dates: any finger foods, thin soups, dark sauces/gravies, pasta, or food that falls apart.

I lean towards food that I can cut to a bite size, and will stay firmly on my fork.

I don't usually avoid any particular flavors. I don't get coffee breath and my garlic breath rarely survives dessert or after dinner drinks. Garlic will start coming out of my pores if I eat a lot, so I avoid unless the lady I'm with also partakes of the garlic (and I'll eat all the garlic in the world if it's a business meal).
Chicken Caesar Salad
Those anchovies ....!!

I had to stop in the middle of a session and brush my teeth .... not too long ago!
Certainly. Lots of common sense rules on things to avoid:

1. Nothing difficult to eat. No snails if they’re in the shell; no crab or lobster it has to be taken from it’s shell at the table; any unfamiliar fish on the bone; pasta (depending on how adept you are).

2. Anything you have to eat with your fingers (unless it is a very informal place). No ribs, fried chicken, chicken wings, etc. And anything else inherently messy.

3. The most expensive thing in the menu, especially if it is notable more expensive than the majority if the items. Avoid the $160 6 oz,. Waygu medallion.

4. Anything likely to cause bad breath or gastric distress.

5. Anything likely to call attention to yourself. Flaming drinks; elaborate table side presentations; having to wear a hat, etc.

6. And be very modest in your consumption of adult beverages. One drink or glass of wine.