Ladies, gents, if you got busted...

...would you post about it here? Like how, when, where, etc. for info purposes? And not just busted by LE...the SO, too (guys and girls).

Let's hear some actual stories, not speculation on HOW you can get caught or ways to avoid it.
I would not. Arrests are public record with your real name. It would be too easy to be "outed".
...Let's hear some actual stories... Originally Posted by Prolongus

A fairy tale starts off with "Once upon a time..."
A sea story starts off with "Now this ain't no bullshit..."

Everything on this board is all just made-up fantasy, isn't it?

HotinD, do you have sea stories?

Yes anything I say here is fantasy bullshit for entertainment purposes.
Well, there was the one where I got caught with two midget hookers and a wolverine...
I'll let you know the rest of the story as soon as I finish making it up...

Some 10 years ago, I walked into a studio sting. I was not arrested, but LE did run my DL, and since I had no warrants (and didn't give them any lip, unlike most of the girls and a few of the guys) they let me walk.

I chose to keep my mouth shut, as I was concerned that publicizing any details would make it easy for LE to connect my hobby persona to my real life identity. I believe I did PM a few guys who were asking about the place on aspd in the days following the incident.
Well, there was the one where I got caught with two midget hookers and a wolverine...
I'll let you know the rest of the story as soon as I finish making it up...

Originally Posted by hotindallas
Nah real fucking sea stories. You either got em or ya don't. Shellback? Ditch? Magellan? Rock? Safari? Golden Dragon? You know nautical fucking sea stories.
Thank YOU TinMan for relaying that incident...the rest of you, if you're somewhat paranoid about telling your story...well...TinMan did.
I'd figure if it was a prominent member here on ECCIE that got busted, LE would probably have access and control over that members account in exchange for a lesser charge/conviction perhaps. Working with the police, lol. I believe this has happened on p411 where a hobbyists account was compromised and ending up busting several providers.

Prolongus, it shouldn't matter who has got busted here, ecspecially if that bust didn't have anything to pertain to you. I'd rather stay out of criminal affairs lest I end up talking to an undercover on this site myself.
Back in the ASPD days, I was still new at all this and didn't know better than to keep real life COMPLETELY seperate. I was still married at the time. One night I was really tired, and went to bed with ASPD open on my desktop computer. I was still logged in.

Now, my SO was always up before me. For whatever reason, I woke up first the next morning (THANK GOD). That's the closest I ever come to actually getting busted.

Sorry if that was boring, but it's the best REAL story I've got. But if you really want me to, I can make up plenty of them...
Maybe 10 years ago there was this one-legged pirate with a parrot on her shoulder, looked a lot like my SO, except for the leg and the parrot. Called me from halfway across the country while I was on business sayin we had to talk. About tit's n ass and overtly sexual flirtatious email. Add that to menopause and all the other baggage you get you first heart attack. I learned to clear my browser cache. And that work email? It's not safe either. You leave your computer unattended at home it better be cleaner than a GPS hooker at the first appointment of the day. Trust me on this one. If a friend or employer or co worker has your work cell phone number tied to the business Amex that he left at the titty bar? Don't go there. It's a dark and dangerous place. The same place as the guy who is leaving town on a two week business trip who pockets a handful of your cards on the way out the office door. Clear your cache. Delete your email. Never write down the password or keep a shortcut to your burn email. And clear your cache. Did I mention that already? AMPS are never as safe as they appear to be. Never outcall to your home, unless you're single, and even then, don't. An empty house is a terrible thing to come home to.

All of these things are mini epics waiting to become Elmore Leonard short stories. I know. We don't have room here.
Sometime back in the 80's, I was cruising Hines and picked up a lady I'd met before. The police pulled us over and said they had a "zero tolerance" enforcement policy. Since I was with a known hooker, I was guilty.

They didn't hear any part of our conversation and nothing happened between us but they took her to jail and threatened to impound my car.

Obviously, I was as cooperative and polite as I could be and was let go with just a ticket. I got an attorney, the cops didn't show, and it was dismissed.

Thank goodness for ECCIE.
phildo......Thanks....This was some very thoughtful advice.....
BSB, I posted this not to matter to anyone but maybe from the experiences here we might learn something.

Hotindallas, I hear ya on leaving the wrong page up on the computer...done that myself.

Phildo, thanks for THE Laugh of the Day: "Cleaner than a GPS hooker at the first appmt. of the day..." Priceless!
I got the same ticket as OG, only on the low end of Westheimer in Houston. Picked up TWO ladies, got followed, got stopped, made me sit with my feet on the ground outside the driver's door, kept us there 20 minutes with the spots roasting the inside of my car, waiting for somebody to do or say something stupid. Fortunately for me the girls were cool, I was cool, we were stoic. Finally they gave up, wrote me an equipment violation ticket for a turn signal that worked perfectly well, said they knew what we were up to and to be careful, and let us go. I dropped them back where I found them and went to the hotel to change my underwear.