Thank you

Nikki's thread and Mary's latest post are things that kind of hit a nerve with a sledgehammer...

I've been hobbying since 2004 and I can say for sure that the scene has changed in many regards...Just as this site is quite different than ASPD it still has the same issues that even lurking cannot fully resolve. Freedom of expression will always be laking when there are non-partial people in control and the community acts like a dysfuctional extended family of many generations and influences. It was that way on ASPD and don't let it fool you it is that way here as well. I don't care how this statement is perceived it is what it is and no participation by anyone person or provider can change catty behavior which has grown rampent here and especially evident over the past 2 weeks I may add.

I have seen many a provider based on the "information exchanged via this board and the latter"...I have had my fun through my discussions in open forum and the pm route with many on here...had My joking/laughs..My arguments with some as has anyone here as well...But like many are starting to point out the balance of freedom of opinion and info exchange has gotten to a taxing point on my outlook as to this hobby...It's no longer fun here is the bottom line and everyone seems to be hinting at this from their somber posts lately...The catty, HS-esque, drama shadow backdrop that this site has begun to cast upon the no strings relationships that the hobby could/should supply is dwindling like a twilight campfire ember...

This is my final post not only here but in this hobby...I'm done with it and retiring from any further activity in regards to it...To everyone good luck in your endeavors...Although like many I know I've had my ups and downs here...made people laugh...made them angry...helped with advice as well as took advice...Stay safe and unlike me if you truly still enjoy this lifestyle continue on so.

To the ladies specifically...I have always respected those of you that truly command the respect any woman should be entitled and thank you for your presence and opportunity to meet you...We have shared some intimate times that will always be cherished. Thank you and stay safe in your journeys through life. Above all else it is you ladies that control this hobby regardless what anyone will say here in a forum such as this or in life. My respect to you all...

Teneo thyself, a sanus mens in a sanus somes...ago vestri vita ex pectus pectoris!
Good luck to you sir. Wish you could stay, I enjoyed your posts

...Just as this site is quite different than ASPD it still has the same issues that even lurking cannot fully resolve. Freedom of expression will always be laking when there are non-partial people in control and the community acts like a dysfuctional extended family of many generations and influences. It was that way on ASPD and don't let it fool you it is that way here as well. Originally Posted by wlhrgfan
Now I understade most of the post in the thread he started. I may or may not agree.
But I do not understand the part I quoted. In blue I'm at a total loss of understanding. please PM thanks
Nikki's thread, Mary's post, providers refusing to post due to backlashes from other providers, providers refusing to post due to backlashes from hobbyists, hobbyists refusing to submit reviews due to backlash and judgment from other hobbyists, hobbyists wanting providers to lower their rates....and the list goes on and on and on.

Kinda reminds me of that song by Billy Joel, We Didn't Start the Fire.

I think the general atmosphere around here lately has been pretty crappy. Is it the economy? Is it the diverse economic background of everyone? Is it the diverse generational represenatation of everyone?

I don't think it's any one thing, but rather a cumulative result of many of them. I've been in this hobby for ~3 1/2 years. I've enjoyed the company of many fine providers in that time. I've also enjoyed the many conversations, both hobby and non-related (even the ice cream and cookie ones!) on this site and the old one (though I was more of a lurker than a poster there).

Bottom line: I'm still having fun. I am NOT going to allow the pettiness of some to ruin this for me. Life is too short and is going by way too fast. I need this hobby, and I'm pretty sure most of us here feel the same.

Let's do our best to get along and treat each other with respect. It's the only way I see all of us getting out of this "funk" that's settled here lately.

My handle is Chaz108, and I approve this message.
Nikki's thread, Mary's post, providers refusing to post due to backlashes from other providers, providers refusing to post due to backlashes from hobbyists, hobbyists refusing to submit reviews due to backlash and judgment from other hobbyists, hobbyists wanting providers to lower their rates....and the list goes on and on and on.

Kinda reminds me of that song by Billy Joel, We Didn't Start the Fire.

I think the general atmosphere around here lately has been pretty crappy. Is it the economy? Is it the diverse economic background of everyone? Is it the diverse generational represenatation of everyone?

I don't think it's any one thing, but rather a cumulative result of many of them. I've been in this hobby for ~3 1/2 years. I've enjoyed the company of many fine providers in that time. I've also enjoyed the many conversations, both hobby and non-related (even the ice cream and cookie ones!) on this site and the old one (though I was more of a lurker than a poster there).

Bottom line: I'm still having fun. I am NOT going to allow the pettiness of some to ruin this for me. Life is too short and is going by way too fast. I need this hobby, and I'm pretty sure most of us here feel the same.

Let's do our best to get along and treat each other with respect. It's the only way I see all of us getting out of this "funk" that's settled here lately.

My handle is Chaz108, and I approve this message. Originally Posted by Chaz108

Nicely said, sir.
  • cnym
  • 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Nikki's thread, Mary's post, providers refusing to post due to backlashes from other providers, providers refusing to post due to backlashes from hobbyists, hobbyists refusing to submit reviews due to backlash and judgment from other hobbyists, hobbyists wanting providers to lower their rates....and the list goes on and on and on. Originally Posted by Chaz108
With all due respect.
Ladies and Gentlemen.
It just seems that every once and a while a similar topic pops up. Do you Remember the discussion about " Is eccie UNY Hostile !!!"
I have been in the hobby since 2000, the old site 2005 and here since Dec. 2009.
You want to call me an Old timer, that is fine.
Over the years, I have lurked, I shared information, I participated in discussions , I posted reviews....etc.
Currently, I prefer to stay "Low Profile" and not post reviews !
You may ask why?
I have been bashed, abused, talked about, stabbed in the back ...etc.
At the same time, I have been trusted, respected and loved.

This group has members of all walks of life, the good, the bad and the ugly. That is just the way it is !!
I will not let some "bad apples" ruin my life.
Life is too short and I will make the most of it. I am not leaving or retiring.
I might become extremely selective of who I see and be Friends with.

There are many fine Ladies that DO NOT participate in the discussions any more. We must thank the "bad apples" that did that to the rest of us.

I am sure that you guys understand that this is all about traffic.
Keep bashing the Ladies and other guys and we will end up with a bunch of guys talking about the good old days !!!

In the mean time, I want to thank the wonderful ladies that I have met and all the memories and good times.

I would like to tell the very few ladies that are currently in my life, and one in particular, of how much I appreciate your friendship, you rock !!!

Have compassion and be kind to your fellow mankind. Be respectful and humble.

The few "bad apples" may go ahead, respond and bash me. You guys are doing a wonderful job driving some Gentlemen and Ladies away. I am sure that you think it is funny and that you are only having fun. But .................

My handle is cnym, and I approve this message, LOL
Here's the cure...everyone get laid more and the attitudes will vastly improve!
Here's the cure...everyone get laid more and the attitudes will vastly improve! Originally Posted by jymie

I am so convinced that you are, that I am running a special 100/hr rate for the rest of the year! That should definitely improve things around here
Oh great, now I have to come down to 95/hr...
Here's the cure...everyone get laid more and the attitudes will vastly improve! Originally Posted by jymie
Saw a UTR at 3:00PM, Now you want me to go again. OK if you say so. Will start checking my list At 50/hr I would not put you 2 on my list
Oh great, now I have to come down to 95/hr... Originally Posted by jymie
Hehe... if we keep this up, maybe some of the ladies will undercut us
Saw a UTR at 3:00PM, Now you want me to go again. OK if you say so. Will start checking my list At 50/hr I would not put you 2 on my list Originally Posted by offshoredrilling

Now thats the best news I have heard all day!!
Hehe... if we keep this up, maybe some of the ladies will undercut us Originally Posted by Dirigible
mmmmm make that,,,, I would not add you 2 if 25/hr
Wow. You guys get that. I have obviously been underselling for years. Must be the grey hair!
mmmmm make that,,,, I would not add you 2 if 25/hr Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
So you would consider 20/hr then
So you would consider 20/hr then Originally Posted by jymie
Your just not my type. Its not a matter of how low you will go.
But 20/hr is almost desperate zone. this would be the wrong board for that