What's your opinion on the seaweed monster?

I'm sure you've heard about the 5,000-mile-long seaweed that's headed for Pensacola Beach? It's possible that it won't even go into the Gulf, but it could happen. They say it doesn't smell wonderful. I personally just dislike the feeling of seaweed on me in the water.

If the currents do push it onto the beach in Pensacola, I wonder if this could decrease beachgoers this year?

Hopefully it won't be there when I am
It's not headed for Pensacola Beach. A cursory look at a globe would tell you there's an entire land mass called the "Florida Peninsula" in the way.

A basic understanding of currents would bring to light the Gulf Stream, which prevents water from the Atlantic from entering the Gulf of Mexico.
The seaweed do what now?

Anyway, you look nice, wanna make the beast with two backs?
The sargassum is expected or predicted in the next few months, so it won't be there during my first trip to Pensacola. But it's possible it will be later in the summer.

The major news outlets are talking about it.
My thought are: Stop watching the news. 1/2 of it is lies and you cannot believe the other half. Read a book instead.
The sargassum is expected or predicted in the next few months, so it won't be there during my first trip to Pensacola. But it's possible it will be later in the summer.

The major news outlets are talking about it. Originally Posted by eccieuser13
Do you know where Pensacola is? As in, in relation to the rest of Florida?

Since you don't, let me help. It's on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, in the northwest corner. The seaweed is in the Atlantic Ocean, and will impact the Atlantic coast. That's the area by Miami up to Jacksonville (those are on the east side of the state), the opposite side as Pensacola. That entire big part of Florida that sticks south is going to stop the big bad seaweed monster from ruining your summer if you go to Pensacola.

It's pretty funny to me that someone doesn't even look at a map when they read these stories. How did you think this mass of seaweed was going to get to Pensacola? Southwest Airlines?
"Georgia hobbyist," you're making a lot of assumptions about Kindall. I've crossed the Gulf Stream a couple of times, in a personal boat. The first time, I remember feeling a little uneasy, just never having done it.

I make posts on Eccie, like other ladies, because advertising isn't allowed. We are only allowed to make posts on various topics. The posts of "Where to eat?" are pretty common, and it gets old reading or asking about places to eat. Reading between the lines, my post isn't really about sargassum at all. It's about much naughtier things

I'll have a great time in Pensacola, like all my previous visits. I am so looking forward to it! It's one of my favorite places.
So your idea of an ad is to make an appalling ignorant remark?

You've crossed the Gulf Stream? At the helm or at the rail? If you've been in the Gulf Stream before, just how did you make the assumption that anything in the Atlantic waters would get to the Gulf of Mexico?

"Georgia hobbyist," you're making a lot of assumptions about Kindall. Originally Posted by eccieuser13
You seem to do that yourself.....
Perhaps someone could educate the researchers and publishers instead of bashing a pretty lady trying to make idle conversation?

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local...k/70011602007/
Perhaps someone could educate the researchers and publishers instead of bashing a pretty lady trying to make idle conversation? Originally Posted by 69in2it69

Yes, the article is useless as well. Did you read it? The only part about the Panhandle beaches is uncredited (Who is 'Barnes'? What is this 'university'?)

Sorry that you took it at face value without reading.
Several months ago, you contacted me to see me. You didn't complete my screening, so we couldn't make plans. I really don't understand the animosity and unkindness. I was never rude or unkind to you.
[

Yes, the article is useless as well. Did you read it? The only part about the Panhandle beaches is uncredited (Who is 'Barnes'? What is this 'university'?)

Sorry that you took it at face value without reading.

Here ya go: https://www.usf.edu/marine-science/f...ory/index.aspx
Several months ago, you contacted me to see me. You didn't complete my screening, so we couldn't make plans. I really don't understand the animosity and unkindness. I was never rude or unkind to you. Originally Posted by eccieuser13
1. Sharing private details of that was.
2. I declined after you requested a deposit. I'm not gullible (though I know many people are).
[
Here ya go: https://www.usf.edu/marine-science/f...ory/index.aspx Originally Posted by 69in2it69
That's not the university in the article. That's a list for University of South Florida, which is never mentioned in the article, and is on the wrong coast.

The article mentions Florida Atlantic University, which is in Boca Raton...where any seaweed from this will land.

What did you do, google universities until you found one with a faculty list that mentions that last name? Pretty weak argument.
Upscale providers with a great reputation, who oftentimes travel 8 hours one way to an area, (Pensacola is an 8-hour drive for me) and who book upscale, safe accommodations should not be demonized for asking for a tiny deposit.

I have never kept a deposit that was not due to a client cancellation. A few rare instances I've had to cancel, and that deposit was sent back immediately.

It's a great challenge for providers to bring new variety and quality to an area. Without deposits, oftentimes a provider is out the cost of her trip. We have so many cancellations and no-shows. Incalls are of high value and convenience for most men, but they are a huge risk for providers and pretty costly.