I'm tired of "closed by OP's request"

If someone does not like the rest of the thread or the direction it heads (read: backfire), I find it annoying that the OP has the automatic right to request that their own thread be closed.

I agree there are situations where it would be quite acceptable to do so, but it should be at moderator discretion and very sparingly used.

This is just a suggestion to the staff and owners.

It would enhance my pleasure in reading this board. I do enjoy some of the drama and how certain potential mates rule themselves out through their posts on the board. The more they are allowed to talk or be talked about, it helps in my decision making. It also gets the inanely crazy and stu[id banned more quickly.

Oh! Did I mention I enjoy the drama?

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

cpi3000
Closed by OP's request.
Then you should be just fine. There is no automatic right an OP (original poster) has to have a thread they started locked. If you have encountered a thread that was 'locked by OP request', it is an indication that the OP requested and the moderator who received the request decided it best to honor the request. I suspect that there's a proportionate amount of times we do not honor a particular request as well, but that falls to the prerogative of the staff member who handled the situation.

If you feel a thread was locked prematurely, feel free to RTM it and we'll take a look. Knowing when it's appropriate to put a thread to rest is one of the trickiest things for a staff member to learn, and they can just as easily be reopened after review. Not always, but in alot of cases, if ANYONE thinks a thread was locked too soon, they're probably right. Just let us know.

St. C
Seems fair to me that the OP should have some control over the thread she / he started. I think the moderators do a very good job. Some threads seem to elicit responses that stray for from the original subject and should be closed at that point.

Anyhow, that is my $.02 worth.
"Oh! Did I mention I enjoy the drama? "

never noticed that...thanks for pointing it out