Dates with guys (or gals) with wounds

I recently had an out patient procedure that left me with a wound on my chest/stomach area. It is not infectious and I keep it dressed. If I have intercourse the dressing (not an exposed area) will touch the lady.

I have not called a pro since but have relied on a civie FWB that is aware of the situation, knows me well and has no concerns. I figure it might be kind of creepy for someone I've never been with before. Just wait a week or so more, let it heal properly & avoid any awkwardness.

Certainly I'd disclose this before inviting someone over but even then I think the disclosure would sound worse verbally that the situation really is.

Thoughts?

I know I'm be creeped out if a gal had a big ol bandage on her if she didn't disclose such prior....
Nope.
Scars, surgical or from an accident, no problem. They are nearly as common as tats. No big deal. Scars are like souveneers from a life well lived.

An unhealed wound, big deal. I would say "no thanks".
I think you revealing first and foremost would be the right thing to do and if someone contacted me and disclosed that to me I would advise they wait until they are completely healed not only for my safety but yours as well. The last thing you want is to risk any bacteria getting into the wound. So take this time and rest and heal and than resume playing.
I like scars.

Open wounds? Go get closure.
Yeah, wound, not scar. About 1 inch incision stitched around the lower ribcage area. It is very well dressed/does not ooze, etc.

With my civie friend I even keep my shirt on for added safety

Like I said I would never see someone without disclosure & hope for the same courtesy. But the question is more of one of where do you draw the line?

In the past I had a broken foot (and cast) and called providers. No problem. but unlike the current area she didn't have to touch the area...
With my civie friend I even keep my shirt on for added safety Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Only a week more to heal up? And you have a civvie FWB? FFS man, save your hobby $ and nail that civvie.

*easy*

Still, the question is out there - in general, it's just not that sexy to have open wounds. With a civvie chick, even a SO, I'd be holding back for fear of making it hurt/reopening it.
It sounds like you're being very cautious and taking care of it well, which is good, but I would try to avoid any situation that could risk any contamination...
It sounds like you're being very cautious and taking care of it well, which is good, but I would try to avoid any situation that could risk any contamination... Originally Posted by Valerie
Or a situation that would reopen the wound/cut. Has your doc okayed "vigorous" activity?
It sounds like you're being very cautious and taking care of it well, which is good, but I would try to avoid any situation that could risk any contamination... Originally Posted by Valerie
This.

OP, You should wait it out a bit. Heck I'd freak out but that's just me.
Or a situation that would reopen the wound/cut. Originally Posted by SR Only
Yea, that would be bad because then you'd me more susceptible to a Staph infection
Yea, that would be bad because then you'd me more susceptible to a Staph infection Originally Posted by Valerie
Yeah, and with a lady that doesn't care, you might be more susceptible to a staff infection. lol