Vintage car and hot rod shows?

• Paven
  • 01-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Well it's been wayyyy too long since I've had the chance to ogle vehicle wonders from the past. I am curious to know and I am sure that there have to be some gear heads in our community . I have a huge appreciation for older vehicles made out of steel. Can anyone direct me to where I might find these delights?
  • yeesh
  • 01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Paven-

Not sure if this would fill the bill, but here is a link to an upcoming hot rod show...

http://www.lonestarroundup.com/
  • Paven
  • 01-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Oh thank you yeesh! That looks wonderful, but I'll have to wait til springtime. I guess that's when most car shows would be, oh well the time goes by quite quickly it will be here before we know it!

Looking forward to more info!
I have a very distinct old car. 78 years old, in fact. Not a hot rod, but a very sporty (for it's time) two door roadster. It is unique in Austin. Not the only one, but close. So much so that by telling you what it is would kind of out me to a small community. But if Paven wants a topless ride in a very distinct convertible...
  • Paven
  • 01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Can I wear a big hat and glasses?

A 34' huh? You have piqued my interest yes indeedy.

Check your PMS.
I have a very distinct old car. 78 years old, in fact. Not a hot rod, but a very sporty (for it's time) two door roadster. It is unique in Austin. Not the only one, but close. So much so that by telling you what it is would kind of out me to a small community. But if Paven wants a topless ride in a very distinct convertible... Originally Posted by NipLover

I Am ALWAYS Up For A TOPLESS Convertible Ride, Nips!!!

I TOO Am Into The Classic Muscle Cars!!! HELL ANYTHING

With A FAST Engine And Wheels, And I AM THERE!!!!!

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE FLOWER,

Lilly

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR "LILLY EXPERIENCE" LATELY

http://www.oldride.com/events/texas.html
http://www.carshownews.com/national/TX.htm
and a local one:
http://www.texasccs.com/
I also heard that some classic car owners cruise a Hardees in RR.
  • Paven
  • 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Dang cckid that's a lot of good information. I'll be cruising all over Texas looks like lol.

Mahalo~
Well it's been wayyyy too long since I've had the chance to ogle vehicle wonders from the past. I am curious to know and I am sure that there have to be some gear heads in our community . I have a huge appreciation for older vehicles made out of steel. Can anyone direct me to where I might find these delights? Originally Posted by Paven
Every Friday night you can go to Biff Buzzbys in SA, that's where the hot rods hang out. On Saturday a month there a cars and coffee event in SA too, but that's mostly sport and exotic cars. One Friday a month in Castroville at the Chevy dealer they have a huge car show, the dealer moves all the new vehicles to the back and the front of the lot gets packed with all kinds of hot rods. They also used to hang out at Cabelas parking lot on Saturday nights.
I placed an ad in a specialty online website for pre-war cars. The ad hit about 9:30 this morning. I have already taken a call from Belgium.

I have already taken a call from Belgium. Originally Posted by NipLover

WOW!!!!! Belgium Calling!!!!!

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE FLOWER,

Lilly

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR "LILLY EXPERIENCE" LATELY
  • Paven
  • 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Which War? The Great War? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? The French side of Belgium or the Flemish side? Can you say what kind of car? Curiouser and curiouser.
Which War? The Great War? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? The French side of Belgium or the Flemish side? Can you say what kind of car? Curiouser and curiouser. Originally Posted by Paven
WWII
French side
British car
Any more and I'd have to do bad things to you to keep you from talking. And by bad things, I mean good things.

Is It GREEN?!?!?!?

• Paven
  • 02-05-2012, 03:31 PM
WWII
French side
British car
Any more and I'd have to do bad things to you to keep you from talking. And by bad things, I mean good things. Originally Posted by NipLover

I didn't mean to be all KGB about it HAHA!

British hmmm? That's got me thinking .

Top or topless?