Texas Warrant Roundup? What the fuck?

So I got some threatening letters in the mail recently, demanding money. I am not a native Texan and have never had to deal with crap like this. Is there anyone with experience who can tell me what to do? Can I get the costs lowered if I get an attorney? I imagine I have racked up quite a bit of fines. In my home state, threats in the mail mean nothing. I guess its different here.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...arrant-roundup
If you go and show up before deadline they will not arrest you they will make a payment plan to work it off
Well, I dont wanna pay one red cent.
well, welcome to the crossbar hotel then..
Just think, Humpty...soon you will be getting all the creampies you can handle. If you decide to say fuck it, that is!
I was just thinking the same thing.. he's kinda like a wart huh?
He Is APD/COUNTY/DPS's FAVORITE Kind Of Fella!!!!!

Naive Enough To Rack UP MORE CHARGES/FINES!!!!!

SOON The Welcome Mat AND Night Light Will Be Out/On For YOU

At The Travis County Jail!!!!! Tell The Boys In Brown I Said Hey!!!!!

JUST SAYIN'

They do this every year around this time. Since the letter found you that means they have a good address. If it has gone to warrant, then generally that means you missed your court date and/or did not follow thru on a payment plan already.

A lawyer may help reduce some of it, but you already had a chance at a court date and the courts don't seem to friendly for a second chance. And with a lawyer involved, you may end up spending more money now to fight it than the fine would be.

Next time,while you may not like to, deal with it up front on or before your court date. If you haven't noticed yet you got to pay for the privilege of having a warrant issued.
ScAnNeR67 Good Advice honey!!!!!!
I would split to Vegas and spend more cash and wait for the Dog, the bounty hunter, catch you if he can.
Well, I dont wanna pay one red cent. Originally Posted by pantsontheground

All you have to do is tell them you don't want to pay. That's it. You'll never hear from them again.
So I got some threatening letters in the mail recently, demanding money. I am not a native Texan and have never had to deal with crap like this. Is there anyone with experience who can tell me what to do? Can I get the costs lowered if I get an attorney? I imagine I have racked up quite a bit of fines. In my home state, threats in the mail mean nothing. I guess its different here.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...arrant-roundup Originally Posted by pantsontheground

So you're a Democrat.........just don't have any more children.
I think it's a scare tactic......fuck it ignore it. It's a gamble but you are a gambler or you wouldn't be here.

I think it's a scare tactic......fuck it ignore it. It's a gamble but you are a gambler or you wouldn't be here. Originally Posted by Ccryder

FYI - EVEN Though I Made Light Of This Earlier - I Am Going

To Inform You That This Is NOOOO SCARE Tactic - THIS IS REAL!!!!!!

And As Scanner Said - If They Have A Good Address On You They

WILL Show Up At YOUR HOME AND YOUR WORK AS WELL, If You

Are Still Employed At The Place That You Provided Them With When

You Got The Ticket. Travis County Has Been Doing This For YEARS

NOW, AND IT IS FOR REAL!!!!!!!!

DO NOT IGNORE THIS - IT ISN'T GOING AWAY!!!!!! THE COUNTY

DOES NOT TAKE UNPAID FINES LIGHTLY. THEY WILL COME AFTER

YOU!!!!!

So The BEST Thing Is To Do Like Vicki Said, Go In AND Take Care

Of It, OR IT WILL COST YOU WAY MORE IN THE END!!!!!!

MAN UP AND PAY!!!!!! ALL OF THE RED CENTS!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO TEXAS!!!!!!!

I might be mistaken on this but I think they have the right to come take you shit if you don't pay up. Is that correct? I know it is possible when you win a small claims court case and the other party does not pay.