Iron Maiden in Texas

They will be re creating their "Seventh Son of A Seventh Son" set for this tour on top of the hits. I caught them last time in SA when Dream Theatre opened for them. I was a tad dissapointed in that show because they concentrated on their music from 2000 to the present.

I will most likely be catching their Houston show because it works best with my work schedule.

Anyone else thinking of going?

Pre- sale tickets on sale tomorrow and to the public this weekend!

sixx
Maiden rules, are they playing at woodlands pavilion. If so were you planning on grass or seats? I will likely go but won't be getting pre-sale cause I don't get payed till Friday.
It's a toss up with regards to lawn seats. I will know by this weekend. I am also looking to buy tickets to Van Halen in SA so going to decide.

It will be fun for sure. I plan on trying some good H Town food, see some of my cousins, and get blown by a Houston provider prior to the concert

sixx
Pm me when you know. If grass we could meet up. Or I could catch a ride,or drive half of trip because I'm in Brenham.
I mean errr....sounds like an awesome event...lol...rock...
Showing your age Boog.
I was more than a "tad" disappointed last time, I was fuckin pissed. Been goin to their shows for decades, but after the shit they pulled on Ozzy, and that weak-assed set (only 2 or 3 from Number...are you fuckin kidding me?), I swore them off. That said...show me the set list, and I might recant.
Pre- sale tickets went on sale today for members of the Iron maiden Fan Club. Not to late to sign up.
I've never seen them but would love.to. after dio died, it just goes to show that you shouldn't miss stuff like this. It might be your last chance to see them.
I was more than a "tad" disappointed last time, I was fuckin pissed. Been goin to their shows for decades, but after the shit they pulled on Ozzy, and that weak-assed set (only 2 or 3 from Number...are you fuckin kidding me?), I swore them off. That said...show me the set list, and I might recant. Originally Posted by GibsonLesPaul69

Scroll to the bottom for the idea of the setlist. maiden had me at "the 7th son of a 7th son" re creation.

I wish they would play "bring your daughter to the slaughter" from the no prayer for the dying album.

sixx
Pm me when you know. If grass we could meet up. Or I could catch a ride,or drive half of trip because I'm in Brenham. Originally Posted by rockerrick

I think I am going to do the lawn seating for this one

sixx
Cool, at least woodlands rents lawn chairs for 5 bucks. We'll have to chat and figure someway of meeting up.
OK., checked around, and the set list will probably follow the unreleased video from 7th. Moonchild, Evil that Men do, Prisoner, Still life, Die w/ boots on, Infinite dreams, Killers, Play w/ Madness, Heaven can Wait, Wasted years, Clairvoyant, 7th Son, Number of the Beast, Hallowed (yeah), Iron Maiden.

Gonna have to pass, unless this changes. Where's Run? Trooper? Wrathchild? And the list goes on. Especially, the best hobby song ever..... 22 Acacia Avenue. Sorry Police, Roxanne doesn't cut it. Lol.

So that got me to thinking....if 50 Quid is all she asked for.....what's that in today's dollars? 50 Quid in 1981 (Number was released in 1982....but the song was written years before, so I'm being conservative)
equals 150 Quid today. The exchange rate has varied from 2.4 in 1981 to 1.6 today, for a price point of $240-360.

So.....looks like Charlotte the Harlot was at the slightly higher end price-wise. But, she's English (bad teeth), and there was a line (ugh). But, if you mention me, you might even get in free.
My teen years were enamored with the "Seventh son " album. I was in the 8th grade when Maiden last played Austin on that tour. A very underrated album of theirs IMO. My second favorite Maiden album is "Piece Of Mind."

Sixx
Saw em' once at a stadium jam. Wore that Number of The Beast tour T-shirt until you could practically see through it. Never gave it a second thought.

As I got older I realized that may have been why one of my more pious relatives didn't particularly care for me.

Ooops.