Westport flea MARKET

SO I am embarrassed to say I have NEVER tried Westport Flea market hamburger before. So now that I am in walking distance and tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous. I wan to try them finally.

So everyone please tell me your favorite hamburger on the menu!!!

I cant wait for a good KC hamburger, warm weather and a beer.
It's a great hamburger, probably my favorite in town. The mini is probably enough for you -- it's still pretty big.

Just remember, it's cash only!
Oh I cant wait!!
Great burgers, can’t go wrong with any of them! It was and probably still is a cash only place. Enjoy!
SO I am embarrassed to say I have NEVER tried Westport Flea market hamburger before. Originally Posted by queenV
You should be embarrassed.
Best burger in town.
My fav is the "Flea"
And I load it with my fav toppings.
They get their meat from McGonigles, one of the top butchers in town.
And, they have a full service bar with maybe 2 dozen beer taps

Hold rw business discussions there on occasion. Only place other than rotating amongst hotel bars.

And for the westport/plaza area, easy road access, easy decent parking, and a discrete side entrance that can be used, etc.

And yes, they only accept the discrete non-traceable dead president trading coupons.
In my 30+ years in the KC area, I’ve never been there! Sounds like a lunchtime road trip...
In my 30+ years in the KC area, I’ve never been there! Sounds like a lunchtime road trip... Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs
Wiz,
Wave your umm timex, to clear out the heavy lunchtime crowd. IJS
We usually start meetings midafternoonish cause of that
You should be embarrassed.
Best burger in town.
My fav is the "Flea"
And I load it with my fav toppings.
They get their meat from McGonigles, one of the top butchers in town.
And, they have a full service bar with maybe 2 dozen beer taps

Hold rw business discussions there on occasion. Only place other than rotating amongst hotel bars.

And for the westport/plaza area, easy road access, easy decent parking, and a discrete side entrance that can be used, etc.

And yes, they only accept the discrete non-traceable dead president trading coupons. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
McGonigles, alas, is no more. And the meat department of the new owner sucks as far as customer service goes, some of the new people aren't customer service friendly. Asked for a small amount of suet/fat to go with a piece of flank steak that calls for the flank steak to be wrapped around the pieces of flank steak. They went back and got a hunk of fat and threw it on the scale and wanted to charge flank steak prices for the fat...they used to give it to me. Doubt I will ever go back...
Wiz,
Wave your umm timex, to clear out the heavy lunchtime crowd. IJS
We usually start meetings midafternoonish cause of that Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Yeah, good point. I’ll avoid the busy time.
McGonigles, alas, is no more... Originally Posted by kcpitchreader
Although it wasn’t terribly convenient for me, I’d hit McGonigles every so often for my backyard smoking meats. Did the Fareway thing once after the switch and wasn’t impressed. My go-to forever has been Bichelmeyer’s.
Tuesdays they do two-for-one mini burgers with fries. It's a great deal.
I had forgotten the McGonigles thing. I get mine down towards Truman reservoir.
the flea mkt rocks

have fun sexy!!!!!
Steve's meat market in Desoto.

Used to be in old town Lenexa in the 80s, sold out and worked for Mcgonigles for several years and then opened in Desoto. Excellent butcher.
Steve's meat market in Desoto... Excellent butcher. Originally Posted by malwoody
Been there a few times, too. I agree!
.... My go-to forever has been Bichelmeyer’s. Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs
They run Angus cattle I believe