An open apology

To the gentlemen who wanted to see me while visiting in New Orleans, I must apologize.
I have never booked a hotel in New Orleans before. I knew the upscale hotels usually had a 3pm check in time, but many times I was able to check in early. The one that I had a reservation with has a 4pm check in, I called a few times to see if anything was available, they said no. I arrive at 3pm with the hopes that something would come up, nope. 4pm rolls around, still nothing available. 5pm, STILL NOTHING. Having to wait more than 2 hours and already losing a date, I asked for my money back. I wasn't the only person upset with this hotel, there were other people who were as frustrated as I was. My car was parked by the valet when I arrived, as they were getting my car back for me, the valet came back and asked how to release the parking brake. All thats needed is to put the car in gear and it releases the brake. Apparently they thought the HOOD release was the parking brake, as I found out driving home, because the hood of my car was bouncing in the wind!
After waiting over 2 hours, no room, no word, and no attempt at good customer relations, I gave up.
I may try again to come to New Orleans, but it may be a while.
Again, I apologize to the wonderful guys who I was looking forward to meeting.
That reminds me of a hotel I tried to check into LAST Mardi Gras. Had to wait until 7pm before a room was available and I had a reservation - it was ludicrous! Was this the hotel that has the PJ's Coffee in the bottom of it? LMAO if it was!!

All thats needed is to put the car in gear and it releases the brake.
You have one of those "stupid space cars" like on "Baby Momma"?

Nic...next time pm me for suggestions...I am very familiar with Nola hotels that let you check in early

smooches!!
That is not acceptable in ANY way. The hotel management should have at least offered you an upgrade, but I guess they were overbooked. Poor customer service, indeed.
Nic, I'm sure that Dallas will be able to help you out next time.
lolcustomer service at the hotel i am at now SUCKS!!

{it took me 30 minutes to get my room key after i checked in...the system was down}....then that eve after i had been out in the 40" weather,I went to take a HOT bath and there was nothing but COLD water......so they moved me to the room next door,then when i get in there,there is no tub stopper{they brought one after 2 hours}
And the topper was that I went from a king bed to a full......no room to snuggle my guys! lol}................I called and compalined and got a big discount!

keep chin up nic and let me know if ya need my help!
Sorry to hear about your luck downtown.
I deserve a V-8 slap in the head for not asking you, Dee! I wound up going BACK to the quarter tonight and got soaked myself!
Dee, if you would, could you PM me with your suggestions?
@ Averni, they did have a coffee shop. Not sure if I should put them on blast here...... but I really WANNA! And my car is affectionately called the Drag Cadi!
I'll make a return visit, I was really upset when I first posted. See you Nawlin's guys soon!
I can't remember the name of the hotel that jabbed me ... but I remember it had a PJ's Coffee in the bottom of it because that's where I spent three hours waiting to check in.

And no - they didn't offer me any deals or upgrades. They told me that ... "Most people didn't check out on time" ... believable actually, since it was Mardi Gras. So everyone says ... "book early for Mardi Gras or you won't get a room". I booked a whole year in advance for that room and had to drink a lot of expensive coffee while I waited for it!!
if it is the one with the coffe shop on canal that starts with S.....stay away...they are nosey as hell!

usually the garden district and warehouse district do early checkins...but that is for the regular room{no special requests}
  • tok07
  • 02-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Nic....U could ALWAYS make ur way to Monroe.....!!! Except in two weeks: state Basketball tourney...