Is there enough being done?

This story caught my eye, as did her gorgeous ass.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=303417
Seriously where does responsibility lie?
This gal and his profile have been around for awhile, yet she still fell prey.

The typical response is always the same.

Though I believe ultimately one must be accountable for their own well being, this little world is a bit rougher than some office politics.

I sometimes feel the board, myself and the community does not do enough to insure the well being of the greatest commodity.

I have heard read and seen some earnest efforts from a few of the finest here, I would really like to see more from the masses.

One might ask where is that screenin fer the less experienced.
Sticky.

I cannot assign a percentage but if I were a predator, prick, abuser, where would I lurk?

This is not meant as an attack just seeking some possible positive helpful feedback (
Crazy can hide itself well at times, and you can't predict when it will appear.
There have been several instances of ladies thinking an ECCIE membership signifies some type of screening has been done. I don't know how we can get the word out that it doesn't.

We could put up a sticky, but how many ladies will read all of the stickies?

Maybe send them some type of boilerplate when they're approved for Provider Status? (like: "Congratulations. You're now a Verified Provider. Although you had to provide a lot of information to become a VP, please be aware that a basic membership only involves making up a password." )

Actually, that sounds pretty subtle. Maybe "Congratulations on achieving VP. When you signed up as a basic member, no screening was done, no credit card was required, no references or reviews were requested. Likewise, the gentlemen who sign up for a basic membership don't provide anything in the way of screening. For your safety, we encourage you to screen in some manner. Receiving a private message from a basic member is not assurance of anything whatsoever."

fantastic post honey!!
one reason i post is to share my experience - positive and negative - so that others can read about them and hopefully apply them to their excursions thru this sub-culture we call playland.

be safe everyone!!!! screening is a two-way street!!!
and have a deliteful weeked!!
There have been several instances of ladies thinking an ECCIE membership signifies some type of screening has been done. I don't know how we can get the word out that it doesn't.

We could put up a sticky, but how many ladies will read all of the stickies?

Maybe send them some type of boilerplate when they're approved for Provider Status? (like: "Congratulations. You're now a Verified Provider. Although you had to provide a lot of information to become a VP, please be aware that a basic membership only involves making up a password." )

Actually, that sounds pretty subtle. Maybe "Congratulations on achieving VP. When you signed up as a basic member, no screening was done, no credit card was required, no references or reviews were requested. Likewise, the gentlemen who sign up for a basic membership don't provide anything in the way of screening. For your safety, we encourage you to screen in some manner. Receiving a private message from a basic member is not assurance of anything whatsoever."

Originally Posted by HoneyRose

Along with a visual aid perhaps. [Attached images removed - unable to verify age of subjects - Staff]
Please screen and by that I mean talk to providers you know. OK let the PMs begin.
Thanks so much HoneyRose for posting what some of us have long since figured out, and....many newbies are falling prey to.
Smooches, Alaine
i agree with honey how do u know unless you are told so many things to learn all at once when you are just starting out. god for bid something like Ed's joke pictures really happen. Yikes!!
I'm new and reading everything I can find on here to educate myself. I pm'd the provider who posted this in alerts to get more info.( I thought being a newbie I could fall prey to him). I've been pming providers for references when potential clients contact me. I have met one provider who reached out to me to offer help. I've been communicating with another provider I met while asking for a reference. All in hopes of making friends and staying safe as a newbie can be. I'm a sponge, soaking up everything
A most excellent approach E.E.

In lieu of any actions of any owners, of any boards the next best hope is community action, communication and enlightenment to the extent, if you are inclined to welcome someone to the board you may extend yourself and provide something greater than welcome be safe.

Links to these types of threads, (which can be saved) to a flat out advisory that predators lurk in this forum.

Proceed with caution, do not be intimidated.
This board has not screened or endorsed any of its membership.

Joke
Though the group as a hole is unsavory, there are a few nuggets!

Are you asking for wife handling photos?
Is someone 'Just Kidding' or are my eyes failing me? That sure looks like a young girl in the trunk of that car.
In roxy28 case, she saw a member who had zero participation and if I am not mistaken zero reviews. Not saying doing those things makes a hobbiest 100% but her situation is less likely to happen. EmilyEzell i encourage you to continue to reach out and learn hope your on p411.
Yes, that incident could have been very, very bad. She's very lucky.
I remember a while back when there was the guy who had attacked several providers and was eventually caught and his mug-shots were even included here along with his rap sheet and details of the ongoing trial.
Hopefully, threads like this will educate the newer members and make everyone safer.
Ladies...read the Alerts....when you have the time, dig back into the older ones and read Security Matters as well.
The life you save, will be your own.
Thatdude, I am now officially on p411 and so grateful to use it as another tool. Thank you for suggesting that as help for me