Silly Question

What exactly does BUMP mean ?

I understand points are awarded if someone ' bumps ' a thread which is over 30 days old.

Thank you for your kind replies.
It's not a euphemism. It means they are simply bumping (pushing, knocking) the thread from a lower spot or page up to the top by replying/posting. In board nomenclature, that's a "bump."
Oh, the points thing is that to avoid people bumping old/dead threads, the moderators give points for old thread bumps. Enough points earns you a temporary ban. Points are bad in this instance.
.......... Points are bad in this instance. Originally Posted by the_chewtoy
Depends upon who it is.

Generally, yes, points would be bad in this case.
And be sure to read the rule re: thread bumps:

#13 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time.
Bumping infractions pretty much apply to reviews only. So you may see WAY old topics come back in co-ed, etc. that are NOT against the rules.

Good forum etiquette and common sense are occasionally applied, but some folks simply must resurrect old threads on occasion.

Generally, yes, points would be bad in this case. Originally Posted by Clouddancer

Wait a minute ... Duke told me points are good and I should try to get plenty.
Wait a minute ... Duke told me points are good and I should try to get plenty. Originally Posted by pyramider
Duke is correct!

See, I said generally.
In your case, points are a good thing.