Christmas To-Do List

I found the cutest drive through Christmas display advertised on FB lol...Clinton park, near the airport.

What else is there to do within an hour or two of the burgh?

Clinton Christmas Light-Up $10/carload

Overly's Country Christmas $20/carload

Shadracks Christmas Wonderland $25/carload
  • Dlh
  • 12-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Shadracks is ok....
Do they have an outside walk around place and/or a drive through section?
It's a drive thru at the Butler County Fair Grounds. I understand they have some kind of shop in there as well. I pass it all of the time but have never gone thru. Something to put on next years list is the tree lighting up in Franklin. It's free & so much better.
Shadracks gets very crowded, especially on weekends. Traffic gets backed up all the way through the section they have set up for cars, down the side road and onto rte 422. It took over two hours last year just to get in. Very nice display, but be prepared for a long wait.

Another option, but maybe a bit longer of a drive than you’re looking for, is Lights on the Lake atLakemont park in Altoona. Probably about 2.5 hours, and I don’t really know much about it other than it’s $13 per car.
  • 96x69
  • 12-06-2018, 08:10 AM
If you go to shadrack they have map of a road trip to top 5 light displays in pa ... the last stop on the road trip shady maple farm light display which I think is the best out of the five on the roadtrip ... 2 years ago when did the road trip the last stop was 400 some miles ...
Oglebays Christmas light display is pretty good.
I was just in Galopolis Ohio. Most awesome light display I’ve ever seen.
The Butler one is pretty good on weeknights.
OMG so many great options...I haven't finished Googling.

Yay! Thanks y'all! Keep em coming.

I visited the Christmas Story house last Christmas in Cleveland. It was neat if you are close by.
It's a Wonderful life plays at the Jimmy Stewart museum. Not too far from Altoona.

There's so much. I wanna do it all.

I've never been to Oglebay Christams before.

Bambino, the most awesome? Are you comparing to say like.. Overlys or the neighbor down the street with the Charlie Brown tree in the front yard?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-tdELy3hZg

That's way better than Shadracks!
OMG thanks for that video!

I must go!
It's a Wonderful life plays at the Jimmy Stewart museum. Not too far from Altoona.

There's so much. I wanna do it all.

I've never been to Oglebay Christams before.

Bambino, the most awesome? Are you comparing to say like.. Overlys or the neighbor down the street with the Charlie Brown tree in the front yard? Originally Posted by Gabrielle
I’ve been all around this country and many others. It’s pretty damn good.