Food for thought

I was going to come up with some cutesy name or use some mischievous and misdirecting words, but I opted for the up front approach!
Here are a few examples of my other 'talents'! Enjoy!

Tonights menu, fried chicken.

Beef Stroganoff

London Broil and rice pilaf

Comfort food, Goulash

Seasoned roast beef, rare
  • HB13
  • 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Came in here, thinking you were referring to the food magazine Lucky Peach's recent "Gender Issue."
Attached Images File Type: jpg lucky-peach-cover-issue-8-gender-issue.jpg (210.8 KB, 183 views)
What the hell is elbow macaroni doing in the goulash!? I'm part Hungarian on my father's side, and am somewhat of a purist when it comes to goulash. My step-mother makes one awesome goulash, and she isn't even Hungarian. My father, who should know better, puts it over potatoes. I am sure it is quite tasty, but you lost me at the noodles.

Have you tried chicken paprika? My grandmother's recipe is a huge pain in the ass to make, but well worth it. I am sure there are less arduous recipes out there. It was my favorite dish she made, and she was full blood Italian. Funny that she was a whiz at that, but I never, ever knew her to make anything even remotely considered "Italian", short of opening a can of Chef Boyardee.
I luv fried chicken!
I luv fried chicken! Originally Posted by DallasRain

Breasts or Thighs?????
What the hell is elbow macaroni doing in the goulash!? I'm part Hungarian on my father's side, and am somewhat of a purist when it comes to goulash. My step-mother makes one awesome goulash, and she isn't even Hungarian. My father, who should know better, puts it over potatoes. I am sure it is quite tasty, but you lost me at the noodles.

Have you tried chicken paprika? My grandmother's recipe is a huge pain in the ass to make, but well worth it. I am sure there are less arduous recipes out there. It was my favorite dish she made, and she was full blood Italian. Funny that she was a whiz at that, but I never, ever knew her to make anything even remotely considered "Italian", short of opening a can of Chef Boyardee. Originally Posted by Mysterydate023
I'm assuming you mean goulash just has onions & smoked paprika in it w/the meat, a la Alton Brown's "Good Eats" Goulash recipe. Now: as to chicken paprika, do tell--I'm all ears. I cook Sundays for the week ahead. I'd be willing to try to make it if you'll PM me the recipe.

Oh, the irony: I'm dead-serious about sending me the recipe, and about my victuals overall, but it isn't lost on me that I've degenerated to begging recipes on a SHMB... "O tempore! O mores!"
I like breasts!!!

Nic==keep on cooking!
I like peaches!! Fuzzy or bald!!
I'm assuming you mean goulash just has onions & smoked paprika in it w/the meat, a la Alton Brown's "Good Eats" Goulash recipe. Now: as to chicken paprika, do tell--I'm all ears. I cook Sundays for the week ahead. I'd be willing to try to make it if you'll PM me the recipe.

Oh, the irony: I'm dead-serious about sending me the recipe, and about my victuals overall, but it isn't lost on me that I've degenerated to begging recipes on a SHMB... "O tempore! O mores!" Originally Posted by Old Horn Dog
I'll have to dig it out when I get back to my place in NOLA. It is hand written by my grandmother and will need some deciphering. If really serious, PM me on Wednesday to remind me.

I saw the Good Eats goulash show, and I wasn't impressed, but I am hard to impress. The stuff my stepmother makes is beef, sausage, and sauerkraut (not sure if even that is authentic) in a broth with a lot of paprika and some sour cream. No noodles or potatoes at all. Maybe it's just my taste, like how a poboy is dressed.
Yummm food! lol I love food and goulash and have seen many styles over potates and with noodles it is quite tasty if you make it just right the noodles will soak up the flavors
Beef Strokemeoff is my favorite!
Beef Strokemeoff is my favorite! Originally Posted by Arverni

I am gonna make some whoopies pies this weekend....anybody ever eat those???
Home cooked meals and wild sex, now that's a marketing tool!!!
better yet .... food eaten off of the body during sex .... yummmm