Thanks to all the pimps

It is one of those boring nights. So here is one of those things that amuse the heck out of me.
The term “Monger”.

Guys use this term a lot. Unless you are outing that you’re a pimp, you may not be aware what the term actually means.

noun
a person who is involved with something in a petty or contemptible way (usually used in combination): a gossipmonger.

a dealer in or trader of a commodity (usually used in combination): fishmonger.

Verb (used with object)
to sell; hawk.

So when used in the context of the board, your calling yourself a pussy monger or Pimp. It does not matter how you think you are using it. That is what it means.

So thanks for letting us know who are pimps.
Ummmm. Okay. Thanks for starting such an insightful thread....Just FYI, this is America and the English language has been butchered for years here. Maybe you should move to England.
...and in a twisted turn of events, being called a pimp in civie world is like a compliment, being accused of being a pimp or having a pimp here will lose you money. Weird huh?
And hey if you are bored and like drama, you could go and read the coed section in Arkansas....You're welcome.
Attached Images File Type: png untitled.png (53.2 KB, 533 views)
  • broes
  • 04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Mongo and a horse named Oldbutstillgoing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cDfnQD0ws
You're welcome, brah....
there is a new sheriff in town.....nothing trumps a good fart joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVrmSEZEKg
Wonder what MrMonger thanks about this?
I see "fish monger" and "pimp" in the same post, I wonder what sorta deep psychological noise loop is running in the background....
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -Mongo
LOL, just ran across this thread. Mr.Monger was born out of another name that I had a while back that was sort of compromised. That said, Mr. Monger does NOT relate what "type" of "Monger" I would be. I remember one Eccie member said that it seems that I am a Monger of Misters. In the most RAW sense of my name here on Eccie you could say that I am a salesman. Both would be wrong but the latter would be the closest. Either way, words through time morph into one thing or another. Either go with the flow or put up a fight and stand yer ground against the torrent of change. MrMonger works for me at the moment and it conveys the idea that I intend usually.

Enjoy yer day! <--- Not directed at you Prolongus but at the OP

Wonder what MrMonger thanks about this? Originally Posted by Prolongus
That was the funniest thing ive read all day!
Mrmonger is a good sport. He actually understood the meaning of the word and the little twist i put on his name.

The rub is the word has a documented meaning. people often use a word because they think they know the meaning but they really don't. it sounds cool.

this is America. you have the right to missuse a word all you want. and you have the right to sound like an uneducated boob when you do.

just because a few people misuse a word does not mean it will become the new meaning for that word. the American language does change over time. when Webster puts the new meaning of their dictionary then that's the sign.

until then you might wanna look up what turms you use. their actual meaning maybe quite different from what you think.

and FYI, I hate the predictive spelling on cell phones :-)
If every usage of a word is acceptable, then that word means nothing at at all. This guy actually says it best (analogically speaking):

http://youtu.be/iYiqZemVpsQ