Its very hard to compete with $80 /Hr rates...

I'm fairly new to the "hobbby", but I see a lot of pretty girls doing a lot of things for $80.00... and some of those things really deserve $800.00 that i see them doing....

how is it possible to make a good amount of money with those king of rates? do i need to just do it for the hobby or for the money?
  • hd
  • 06-12-2015, 01:50 PM
You set your rate to what you think you can get for what you have to offer; what's on your menu, your appearance, location, is the rent due, etc. But also take into account what the others are charging, in other words, a fair rate. Many will have higher rates so they don't have to see as many clients, same as low rates, you can make money but will be very busy.

I don't know what the 80$ girls look like and don't think I want to know. They are probably CL or BP listings?

Your 200$/hr sounds good since you have no reviews yet, but you can always raise, lower, or offer specials as you see how your bizz goes.

Good Luck PB
I'm fairly new to the "hobbby", but I see a lot of pretty girls doing a lot of things for $80.00... and some of those things really deserve $800.00 that i see them doing....

how is it possible to make a good amount of money with those king of rates? do i need to just do it for the hobby or for the money? Originally Posted by PlaymateBarbie
It is a good idea to actually like what you do or be a damn good faker, and it is preferred by your clients that see you for sessions as opposed to you treating them as if they are nothing but an ATM machine and all you do is get them in, on, off then out. Liking and being good at what you do will bring the money in, doing it only for the money and giving that impression will sooner than later, make your phone stop ringing and/or you will see one time clients 99% of the time.

Rates providers charge is always a hot topic. Obviously, providers are going to think that their worth is more then they charge, but the question you have to ask yourself is this: If I charge X dollars per session and I need Y dollars to get my bills paid and I cannot get enough X dollar sessions to meet Y, much less have any to save for the future, then I need to rethink how much I charge and adjust my rates then my phone may ring more.

It is all about supply and demand. Many providers fluctuate on their donation prices, especially in the beginning, most do review specials and try to get business by those reviews, and depending upon the volume, then they set their prices accordingly. Then, there has to be a happy medium between how much you think you are worth and how much a guy is going to pay for your looks/attitude/service.
Originally Posted by PlaymateBarbie
interesting perspective.. mine is the opposite.. usually the $80 ladies fail or underperform in service quality.. I typically see fewer or less desirable (CBJ anyone?) activites under their banner, which demands they lower the asking price..
People don't set prices, markets do.
People don't set prices, markets do. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Yup. The moon is a harsh mistress.
What could someone be doing for $80 that they should be getting $800??

Unless they have solved that whole pesky lead into gold thing.
Personally, I appreciate a good value... I have a range that I expect to pay... It is not $80...

If a girl has a price of $80 per hour in Dallas, I have no interest... I hVe to ask, at that price, what is wrong? Why so cheap? I have no interest in finding out...

To me, $150 - $200 for HHR and $200 - $300 for HR seems like a good place to start...
Yup. The moon is a harsh mistress. Originally Posted by AmericanIdiot
Not the place I expected to see a R.A.H reference.

how is it possible to make a good amount of money with those king of rates? do i need to just do it for the hobby or for the money? Originally Posted by PlaymateBarbie
Interesting that you posted this topic based on your 1st review from a seasoned hobbyist : http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1056830397 you make want to work on your imperfections before you start talking about how to make good money in this hobby.
You are absolutely correct. I planned on this to happen this way knowing a review was public information. Way to be understanding HNIC, I'm sure you get a lot of cool points for this.
You are absolutely correct. I planned on this to happen this way knowing a review was public information. Way to be understanding HNIC, I'm sure you get a lot of cool points for this. Originally Posted by PlaymateBarbie
Wellendowned kinda naild it....80 per hour doesn't sound like that much............
You are absolutely correct. I planned on this to happen this way knowing a review was public information. Way to be understanding HNIC, I'm sure you get a lot of cool points for this. Originally Posted by PlaymateBarbie
It has nothing t do with getting "cool" points- would you rather have HNIC lie or tell the truth about his experience? I would suggest you to step up your game or you might find yourself competing with the 80 dollar backpage girls if your sessions are not up to par.
Not the place I expected to see a R.A.H reference. Originally Posted by Lee1050
Seriously? This place is about as free market and unregulated as you get! It's a living, breathing, sucking, fucking example of economics and human interaction as it gets! Ahem, sorry.. numbers excite me a bit too much. </numbers nerd>

PB, I'm new to the hobby but I've got lots of experience in business. Once things started going south you could have said, "mulligan, keep your money and lets try again later". Yeah a bad review sucks but it ain't the end of the world unless you carry it on your shoulder going forward. As a fellow hobbyist we appreciate the truth, but I have to think that going forward if you have more "YES" than "NO" it's a one off experience. FWIW. Best of luck.
Not the place I expected to see a R.A.H reference. Originally Posted by Lee1050
Also a Jimmy Webb song. Webb was a fan on Heinlein and got permission to use the title.