Ignorance

Interesting that the yogi's of ancient times stated that ignorance, "avidya" , is the root of all evil.
Last night I watched a special on the Freeriders and the Montgomery,Alabama incident of 1961.

The ignorance that was displayed and is what caused the violence ignites a rage in me not too dissimilar from the Hulk.

Those fucking shit bag stupid redneck asswipe motherfuckers, including the Governer, made me sick.

Many years ago I applied to be a police officer because deep in my heart I feel the need to defend against such ignorance (did too much LSD and was not hired) and still wish to fight such bullshit.

Felt the same way watching the chef Jamie Oliver trying to change the school diets in West Virginia....from fried taters to rice.

Sorry for ranting....
I watched it too... same observation, hard to believe it wasn't that long ago there were folks like that in charge of States, operating police forces..
Not that long ago, indeed. Within the memory of some if us and within the lifetime of many.
I grew up in the deep south. Baton Rouge. I remember shoot outs between the black panthers and the local police patty hurst, lock downs in high school due to riots, whites only water fountains , and so much more. It was a time of great upheaval as one generation yielded to a younger one. The battle is far from over but I see progress
  • NYr
  • 06-13-2015, 06:52 PM
what was the name of the show and channel? Maybe they are replaying it.
  • DSK
  • 06-14-2015, 03:38 PM
Interesting that the yogi's of ancient times stated that ignorance, "avidya" , is the root of all evil.
Last night I watched a special on the Freeriders and the Montgomery,Alabama incident of 1961.

The ignorance that was displayed and is what caused the violence ignites a rage in me not too dissimilar from the Hulk.

Those fucking shit bag stupid redneck asswipe motherfuckers, including the Governer, made me sick.

Many years ago I applied to be a police officer because deep in my heart I feel the need to defend against such ignorance (did too much LSD and was not hired) and still wish to fight such bullshit.

Felt the same way watching the chef Jamie Oliver trying to change the school diets in West Virginia....from fried taters to rice.

Sorry for ranting.... Originally Posted by nicholas linnear
The love of money is the root of all evil, and when you title a thread "Ignorance" you should take care to spell "Governor" correctly.
The love of money is the root of all evil, and when you title a thread "Ignorance" you should take care to spell "Governor" correctly. Originally Posted by DSK
Point taken....the love of money is just a symptom of ignorance by the way. Life is fleeting and we won't be taking anything with is when we die, except for the love that is nourished in this life.
The love of money only begets more love of money and the cycle of rebirth will just go on...similar to the love of sex.

Only unselfish giving brings the cycle to an end and banishes ignorance.

Fuck a Duck
Only unselfish giving brings the cycle to an end and banishes ignorance. Originally Posted by nicholas linnear
Better watch it. Talk like that in Texas can get you labeled a commie sympathizer and run out of town.