They're coming (and they said it would never happen)

In January Diane Feinstein is going to put forth a major gun ban bill. With the pretext of going after "assault weapons" the bill will greatly expand the list of guns affected.

We tried to tell some of you idiots but you chortled, derided, laughed, and thought it was great fun. Now you look like major fools. Your masters are going to screw you over in so many different ways it ain't funny.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

Just remember that Feinstein has a concealed carry permit and 24 hour armed security. What will you have left?

Thud! That is the sound of one shoe dropping.
What will you have left? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I will still have my concealed carry permit and the same number of guns (if not more) in my gun safe as I have now.
  • CJ7
  • 12-27-2012, 12:54 PM
In January Diane Feinstein is going to put forth a major gun ban bill. With the pretext of going after "assault weapons" the bill will greatly expand the list of guns affected.

We tried to tell some of you idiots but you chortled, derided, laughed, and thought it was great fun. Now you look like major fools. Your masters are going to screw you over in so many different ways it ain't funny.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

Just remember that Feinstein has a concealed carry permit and 24 hour armed security. What will you have left?

Thud! That is the sound of one shoe dropping. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

WE as in I, tried to tell YOU idiots Romney already passed gun legislation for bans on assault weapons ... THAT opened the door for any future legislation on weapons of choice.

Now whos the fool again?
I suppose they will stretch the meaning of 'shall not be infringed' to the breaking point.
This will surely end up before the Supreme Court if it ever passes.
I doubt it will ever get through the House. Maybe not even the Senate.
  • CJ7
  • 12-27-2012, 01:12 PM
like I said yesterday

its against the law to have an ammo clip in DC, yet a tv station got one and used it as an example during a national broadcast ...

hows that gun control law working out for DC?

ban all you want, control whatever, how ever, the only people that will respect the ban are people that abibe by the law ... gangs, criminals,whacked out killers, not so much, they just pay more for the weapon, which means they commit more crime to rise more money ...

go piss gasoline on the fire, just dont whine when your dick gets burned off.

I have spoken.
WE as in I, tried to tell YOU idiots Romney already passed gun legislation for bans on assault weapons ... THAT opened the door for any future legislation on weapons of choice.

Now whos the fool again? Originally Posted by CJ7
Sorry, but the door was open long before Mitt Romney came along.

And a ban on assault weapons does not necessarily lead to a ban on handguns.

I favor getting rid of any rifle or handgun that has a big magazine. That doesn't mean I favor getting rid of hand guns.

This legislation is an example of hard core gun control freaks using Newtown as a pretext to grab ALL guns.
  • CJ7
  • 12-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry, but the door was open long before Mitt Romney came along.

And a ban on assault weapons does not necessarily lead to a ban on handguns.

I favor getting rid of any rifle or handgun that has a big magazine. That doesn't mean I favor getting rid of hand guns.

This legislation is an example of hard core gun control freaks using Newtown as a pretext to grab ALL guns. Originally Posted by ExNYer
really?

I wasnt aware of any BANS on weapons in one particular state or states before he sucked NRA dick and got his way ...
I really hope they don't come for our guns... Just yours, you Charles Whitman maniac mofo!
I really hope they don't come for our guns... Just yours, you Charles Whitman maniac mofo! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
that is about the lowest shit I have seen posted on these boards
that is about the lowest shit I have seen posted on these boards Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
You obviously have not read many threads.
Charles Whitman did not use any "assault rifles" when he inflicted his carnage from the Texas University Tower.
The Remington 700 in 6MMRem was probably the most deadly of the weapons he had for the range he was shooting.
  • WTF
  • 12-27-2012, 09:51 PM
On August 1, 1966, Charles Whitman murdered his mother and his wife before traveling to the campus of the University of Texas, climbing inside the tower, and killing fourteen others. He was dubbed the infamous UT sniper, but his story involves much more than Marine Corps training and a proclivity for violence. In fact, Whitman complained of headaches and an altered mental state in the days and weeks leading up to the killings. His own suicide note read that "I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average reasonable and intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual and irrational thoughts."
Whitman knew that something was wrong. His note further reads, "After my death I wish that an autopsy would be performed on me to see if there is any visible physical disorder." And indeed there was. Whitman was found to have a glioblastoma, a type of brain tumor, pressing against regions of the brain thought to be responsible for the regulation of strong emotions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1384102.html

Maybe JD needs a brain scan. He posts like he has a Brain tumor. Actually he probably just has a tumor and no brain would be my guess.
Just remember the registration of any weapon enables the government easier confiscation of it later. Confiscation always starts with registration.
Lets not forget who got Charles Whitman and who pinned him down. It was armed civilians. The local cops were outgunned and it took the long range rifles of war veterans to keep Whitman's head down until a cop and an armed citizen went up and killed him. In fact I found out that one first responders who climbed the tower, Houston McCoy, died today (27 December, 2012)

Back to the point; this is the other shoe. This is an attempt to create a FEDERAL ban on assault "weapons" and not rifles. It is open ended on that. The definition of an assault weapon (a made up term) has been broadened to the point that pistols can easily get put on the list. Only one feature is needed to make the list and a detachable magazine makes that one. Of course once it becomes law then precedent has been made and no one can argument that pesky 2nd amendment argument. Notice the creation of a board to determine if any future weapons should or can be put on the list. This was the same shenigans that they pulled in Maryland nearly 30 years ago. They only named 17 assault weapons but created a committee that could put more weapons on the list. Is it a surprise that within a year over a hundred weapons made the banned list? The committee was made up of three pro-gun reps, three anti-gun reps, and three reps who represented the governor (who was anti-gun). So it was always six to three when it came to expanding the list. They also created another list as has Feinstein of approved guns. Any gun not on the list could not be sold in Maryland. The list started with zero guns and manufacturers had to post liability bonds to get their weapons on the list. This is just the beginning.
Lets not forget who got Charles Whitman and who pinned him down. It was armed civilians. The local cops were outgunned and it took the long range rifles of war veterans to keep Whitman's head down until a cop and an armed citizen went up and killed him. In fact I found out that one first responders who climbed the tower, Houston McCoy, died today (27 December, 2012)

Back to the point; this is the other shoe. This is an attempt to create a FEDERAL ban on assault "weapons" and not rifles. It is open ended on that. The definition of an assault weapon (a made up term) has been broadened to the point that pistols can easily get put on the list. Only one feature is needed to make the list and a detachable magazine makes that one. Of course once it becomes law then precedent has been made and no one can argument that pesky 2nd amendment argument. Notice the creation of a board to determine if any future weapons should or can be put on the list. This was the same shenigans that they pulled in Maryland nearly 30 years ago. They only named 17 assault weapons but created a committee that could put more weapons on the list. Is it a surprise that within a year over a hundred weapons made the banned list? The committee was made up of three pro-gun reps, three anti-gun reps, and three reps who represented the governor (who was anti-gun). So it was always six to three when it came to expanding the list. They also created another list as has Feinstein of approved guns. Any gun not on the list could not be sold in Maryland. The list started with zero guns and manufacturers had to post liability bonds to get their weapons on the list. This is just the beginning. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I never get tired of pointing out the fact you can't ever get it right.

More to the point, 2 police officers, McCoy and Ramiro Martinez, both shot Whitman.

What a putz.

Urban Dictionary: putz

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=putz
(n) a stupid, ignorant person; someone who doesn't pay attention to anything going on; one who makes stupid remarks.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/l...t-tower/nTgcC/