FISCAL CLIFF DEAL: $1 IN SPENDING CUTS FOR EVERY $41 IN TAX INCREASES

Are they serious? This is the "big deal" people have been sweating for months? This will keep us from financial ruin?

The Republicans can go to hell.

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the last-minute fiscal cliff deal reached by congressional leaders and President Barack Obama cuts only $15 billion in spending while increasing tax revenues by $620 billion—a 41:1 ratio of tax increases to spending cuts.

When Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush increased taxes in return for spending cuts—cuts that never ultimately came—they did so at ratios of 1:3 and 1:2.

“In 1982, President Reagan was promised $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax hikes,” Americans for Tax Reform says of those two incidents. “The tax hikes went through, but the spending cuts did not materialize. President Reagan later said that signing onto this deal was the biggest mistake of his presidency.

"In 1990, President George H.W. Bush agreed to $2 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax hikes. The tax hikes went through, and we are still paying them today. Not a single penny of the promised spending cuts actually happened.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ing-cuts-ratio
Wheres the spending cuts? Oh, yeah will get to those in a couple months...LOL!

• Seedy
  • 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Well hells bells, how else you going to pay for all the freebies, almost half the country gets... We live in a country where the working folks, pay for the non working folks, flat screens, cars, food, phones, schooling, and whatever else. Come on guys, show some heart........
Well hells bells, how else you going to pay for all the freebies, almost half the country gets... We live in a country where the working folks, pay for the non working folks, flat screens, cars, food, phones, schooling, and whatever else. Come on guys, show some heart........ Originally Posted by seedman55
The Obama phone creature is the face of the modern Democratic party.

So this is what Odumbo means by a balanced approach to solve our fiscal problems. LMAO! And he is promising even more tax increases in return for budget cuts in the future. This will not fly in the Republican controlled House. They are meeting in conference now to decide how to proceed. I don't expect this bill to pass the House in it's present form. They will probably amend this bill to include more spending cuts and then send it back to the Senate. So this is a long way from a done deal.
So this is what Odumbo means by a balanced approach to solve our fiscal problems. LMAO! And he is promising even more tax increases in return for more budget cuts in the future. This will not fly in the Republican controlled House. They are meeting in conference now to decide how to proceed. I don't expect this bill to pass the House in it's present form. They will probably amend this bill to include more spending cuts and then send it back to the Senate. So this is a long ways from a done deal. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53
We need about 42 dollars in spending cuts for every penny in tax increases. The House may negotiate a better deal than this but I'm betting it won't be anywhere near what we need to get back on track. They're just rearranging deck chairs.

The American people won't support the sort of draconian cuts to entitlements that are vital to prevent an economic disaster.
sucks guys... They cut a deal. America wins. You lose.
Do you have any idea how stupid that statement is, Assup? I didn't think so.
Well hells bells, how else you going to pay for all the freebies, almost half the country gets... We live in a country where the working folks, pay for the non working folks, flat screens, cars, food, phones, schooling, and whatever else. Come on guys, show some heart........ Originally Posted by seedman55
Yep, all those retired military veterans spending their money on what ever they want.

And all those other retired people who paid into SS and Medicare their entire working lives.

Fuck that 80% of the 47%.

Bastards. (done with heavy sarcasm, assholes)
The Obama phone creature is the face of the modern Democratic party.

Originally Posted by joe bloe
Remind me blowjoe.

Who handed out, how many phones to who, paid for by whom?

Take your time to answer.
I continue to marvel at how you ALWAYS know better than everybody on this board, in Congress, in heaven and on Earth, Or in your case, underground.

Do you have any idea how stupid you ALWAYS sound droning on and on and on and on....
Yes, I marvel at that myself. Makes me kind of proud.

And if anyone is an expert on stupid, that would be you.

Being called stupid by you is like being called fat by Michael Moore.