Are you ready for some football???

I have been enjoying the last few days of football. Yes, it is the pre season and does not mean anything for star players but it is great after some uncertainty to see the ole pigskin being tossed around.

I love NFL network during the football season. It sucks off season but def worth bypassing Time Warner Cable. I am a big NFL RedZOne fan too. It takes you to every game at some point and great for the casual fan who may not really have a favorite team.

Some thoughts on Colt Mccoy... he looked real sharp in his snaps. The West Coast offense seems that it will suit him well this year. Does anyone know the last Longhorn to be an NFL starting QB? Browns will be my AFC teamt to root for this year.

I am now watching Cam Newton and he looks really good too. They are showing replays all weekend long of pre season action which is cool because you can at least see how the rookies and starters did.

Who else is excited for this season?

sixx
  • S O B
  • 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Anyone familiar with the term bread and circus? The corrupt Roman leaders knew, you could keep the ignorant masses placated with welfare and simpleton distractions.Gigantic waste of money in salaries et al that could be used for more immediate, nay, higher purpose.
Yes SOB... I guess you could say that about anything really. Look at Hollywood, there are a few who are paid 20 milliont to make a movie. I think you could even argue that the hobby is another simpleton distraction. Some of us work really hard, go home to a boring, sexless marriage, and once a month or so, enjoy life an hour at a time with a provider. Sounds like a distraction too.....

sixx
Does anyone know the last Longhorn to be an NFL starting QB? Originally Posted by sixxbach
Who is Vince Young, Alex?
duh on me lol

Seems like an eternity since VY was the true starter. Unless Vick gets hurt, he will be a well paid backup...

sixx
  • Carl
  • 08-14-2011, 01:41 PM
You might want to take some gingko biloba or maybe make an appointment with a neurologist. Because you also missed Chris Simms who started in Tampa Bay for a while. He even backed up VY two years ago with the Titans and actually last season not only did VY start games for Tennessee and McCoy start some in Cleveland but Simms even started one game for Denver when Orton was dinged up. Are you sure you're really able to get your full money's worth with the NFL network and the NFL RedZone package?
I shall order my RedZone for $5.00 add on in a few weeks, not paying for the channel until kickoff day...A must have if you can get it.

I'd say Brian Orakpo if you have defensive players on your team and obviously Jamaal Charles are your two Longhorn standouts this year. Kosher's team starts with Jamaal Charles as a carry over but I might trade him for Calvin Johnson, Roddy White or Andre Johnson before the draft as I have a terrible feeling in my stomach that KC is good enough to win the AFC West and Koach may not push Charles to 100% throttle until middle of the season to keep him healthy and T Jones and McClain are going to steal carries, perhaps the goal line pushes as well..

McCoy will suck, I say he goes undrafted with a shot at being picked up on waivers but he has shit to throw too now
I think his name is Colt McCoy and he starts for the Cleveland Browns
I think his name is Colt McCoy and he starts for the Cleveland Browns Originally Posted by mgohara
AND he worked out with Bret Favre in Mississippi during the lockout. Favre had some pretty positive things to say about Mr. McCoy's grasp of the West Coast offense. If you're a Browns fan (I'm not) there's some good news coming out of Cleveland this year.
Yeah I am Browns fan. I just wasn't 100% sure of this kid.
Football sucks! Most professional sports bore me. I dont care to watch a bunch of monkeys run, jump, and play with balls. They belong in a zoo.
Humpty, that's one of your best avatars yet.

I was impressed by another UT Alum, Chris Ogbawnnaya, Monday night against the Jets. He had am "I'M MAKING THE TEAM" kinda performance.
Chris Obamanegro? This guy is an NFL player? How long before he commits a major felony and ends up in prison?
c'mon Humpty, if you're gonna pick a great name and avatar, why waste it with another banning. For every Banned 35 Times or HIV Negative, you end up with a Gushing Geyser or Disco Stick.

I haven't kept up with the UT alumni but hope the best for Colt. It will be interesting if he has a better NFL career than Vince Young, though maybe Young still has something to prove.

As long as the Patriots or the Eagles don't win it this year, I'll be cool.
... As long as the Patriots or the Eagles don't win it this year, I'll be cool. Originally Posted by NewWave
+1