~My first earthquake!~

Here I am sitting in Northern VA, decked out in my skimpy outfit and platform shoes waiting on my date, and the room starts to move. Then it starts to shake rather violently!

I glance out the window, and I notice this huge work truck bouncing up and down.

Then it clicks ...my god it's an earthquake!

I have never experienced one of these things. It was amazing! ...I know, I'm sick in the head...lol

The only thing that would've made it better would have been if I had him already in the bed and then have it happen. Then I could've used the line ..."damn darling, you really made the earth move!".....

Alisha ...xoxo
Photo of the devastation. Originally Posted by Billy_Saul
Lmao ...that picture has floated around fast!...lol

Alisha ...xoxo
  • Carl
  • 08-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Somewhere in Japan, the sighs are deafening ...
Well, Alisha, if you went to Virginia to rock the town; you have succeeded!
I heard that a lot of the California folks in DC were kind of amused by the reactions.

Okay, there are three general types of quakes. Bouncers, rollers and shakers. Most people think of shakers, but bouncers are a lot more common. Anybody know which type this was (living in LA and Silicon Valley taught me this).
Well, Alisha, if you went to Virginia to rock the town; you have succeeded! Originally Posted by runswithscissors
"Did the earth move for you?"
  • Paven
  • 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I heard that it was a shaker. I grew up with earthquakes, fortunately I've never been injured in one. They are a trip though.
I was woken up in bed one time from an earthquake. I thought I was fucking someone because my head kept hitting the headboard.