Wealth Redistribution

At least 25 years ago, I heard Rush Limbaugh say that if there was no automatic withholding of taxes, people would revolt when they had to write that big check at tax time. Nothing profound, but it would give the average person that sleepwalks through life some perspective.

Well, I just picked up my calculator, and at what I pay on average, for an hour of what I like,I have to write a check to the IRS for 118.75 one-hour sessions. That's how I choose to view the matter, and I would prefer to stimulate the hooker economy, rather than hope and change. I gotta cut back I guess. Tax time specials, or at least vote conservative so we have more to spend.

And by the way, don't tell me that I need to bump up withholding.
Nope, they should pay you at one table and then you walk to the next table and pay the taxes.
Once people saw them taking the cash out of your hand, then there would be a revolt.
99% of the people would not save enough money to write a check for the taxes at the end of the year.

It boils down to two things.
Liberals believe that government is not big enough and taxes are too low.
People with a lick of sense believe that government is too big and taxes are too high.
All the rest of the issues are just decorations on the cake.
Having been raised with the teachings of Reagan's trickle down economics, my version of wealth redistribution is:

1). By day, egregiously over charge a bunch of yuppies, and take large sums of money which they were going to waste on useless shit anyway

2). By night, decide on who to redistribute said money to
a) hard working Latina/Asians spreading their legs for 160/hr and putting in a solid 8 hours a day at the agency/spa
b) lazy Americans charging 300/hr so they can work 2 hours and facebook for six hours

I'll take the hard working agency girl for 200 Chuck

I'll take the hard working agency girl for 200 Chuck Originally Posted by citizen44
pass me one with a mommy tummy.....they're the best fucks.
actually, you don't have to withhold any money for fed taxes if you don't want to. just change your w4.

or even better yet why don't you try pulling a wesley snipes?

if they audit you, then just explain you needed to stimulate the hooker economy
Absolutely, put an end to withholding and replace it with quarterly direct payments by each taxpayer to the treasury....this would be instructive....to taxpayers.

...and then change every taxpayer's reporting to fiscal year, with Form 1040 due date 15 October...about 2 1/2 weeks before election days. This would also be instructive...to elected officials.
^^^^^^ This plus require every payment that a person makes that includes a tax of any sort to be made as a separate payment/check/credit card run, etc:

Examples:

-- house payment

-- car rental

-- sales tax including car payments, two fucking loans/statements

-- two dials on the gas pump; swipe twice and get two receipts

-- power bills

-- cell phone

If people could see how much tax they paid each year on what they buy and then add it to what they are taxed on what they earn, they would catch on fire against the governments.
I really like Don's idea. The only thing I would change is that I would split the payment into two checks: "Direct payment to cover all elected officials comp" and "everything else"
Absolutely, put an end to withholding and replace it with quarterly direct payments by each taxpayer to the treasury....this would be instructive....to taxpayers.

...and then change every taxpayer's reporting to fiscal year, with Form 1040 due date 15 October...about 2 1/2 weeks before election days. This would also be instructive...to elected officials. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Exactly!
Most employees don't know how much of their salary is paid in the form of contributions by their employers. A revolt would be inevitable.
Pussy Tax?

What I heard you say was, "I want hookers to over charge me each session so I can file for a refund session with them in April"
Exactly!
Most employees don't know how much of their salary is paid in the form of contributions by their employers. A revolt would be inevitable. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
you don't look at your paystub?
As to the taxation of the citizenry, people have no clue, and we like it that way. Let them fill out the w4 and believe each year they "get a refund"

If "they" wanted tax reform, they would get truly educated and activated on the subject. Beer, sports and bitching about it is easier. You make your own life.
I would LOVE to be paid in unreported cash. Why would a woman selling, uh companionship, want it to be a legal/regulated enterprise.
you don't look at your paystub? Originally Posted by darksouls
You are a perfect example of what I am talking about.
Whores should stamp a repeat business card that allows a John to get a free session after he reaches a certain number of paid visits,,,That should keep the whores busy before tax refund.