Lateness question

So, I recently had an appointment with a provider. We set up a time and she told me the place (hotel). I had some stuff to do in the area so I did as much as I could before the appointed time then headed to the place.
Well, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, she was delayed and said she'd be there in 10 min. Without dragging this on she was an hour late, regularly saying 10 more min. After 30 I considered bailing but I may a date and felt obligated to keep it (plus I was horny as hell).
So my question is: If time is money (and it clearly is in this hobby) shouldn't we as hobbiests be compensated for OUR time? I'm not talking about the 10-15 minutes late issues, but an hour? I would say at the very least we should get a reduced rate. Our time is valuable too!
Comments?
I have a bad feeling I may just have been blacklisted by a bunch of providers
Business is business. If a waiter is one hour late with your food from the time it was promised, what would you do? If an employee was later an hour for a job... or a salesman 1 hour late for an appointment, what would be the consequence.

You have to treat this as a business on both ends. I have no idea who the provider is nor do I need to know. Once the arranged meeting time had passed, you were no longer obligated. The provider should understand that. It is part of doing business.

There have been unforeseen circumstances where I had to call a client and tell him I would be an hour late. If he wanted to change to that time then that was great. If he needed to cancel, then I would understand.

Smooch!

Lea
a well known provider, that i have seen, was a hour late, my next visit w/her was half off, more recently, my provider lost track of time, and did not contact me til 3hrs later, i was upset, very next time i saw her was also half off
  • Doove
  • 05-30-2012, 04:26 AM
So, I recently had an appointment with a provider. We set up a time and she told me the place (hotel). I had some stuff to do in the area so I did as much as I could before the appointed time then headed to the place.
Well, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, she was delayed and said she'd be there in 10 min. Without dragging this on she was an hour late, regularly saying 10 more min. After 30 I considered bailing but I may a date and felt obligated to keep it (plus I was horny as hell). Originally Posted by youngatheart
After running a bunch of errands and being put off 2 or 3 times for an appointment, i think the last thing i would be is horny.

But maybe that's just me.
I recently had an appointment at a hotel where I was staying for an outcall massage from CL. We were set to meet at 6pm. The lady in question called me at 6:30 saying trafic was hell and she would be another 10 minutes. 7pm rolls around and she is not there. I call and she says another 10 minutes (whats with the 10 minute excuse anyway??) 7:30 she calls and says shes 10 minutes away. 8:00 I call her and tell her forget it. Well, she starts getting bitchy with me telling me that I made an appointment with her and she will black-list me if I cancel. She also tried saying that she is paying for a driver and expects to be compensated for the ride regardless if I cancel the actual apointment. I continue to try and act civilized in my tone and let her know that I will not wait 2 hours after the time we had set to meet, and being lied to about "10 minutes". Well she threatened to sue me at this point saying we had a verbal contract and that I would be hearing from her lawyer. I hung up at this point and she tried calling me back numerous times over the next hour to continue our discussion. Thankfully I had used the hobby phone and simply turned it off. Never did hear from that lawyer.

The "happy ending" to this story is that it occurred in NYC. I went for a walk after the fiasco and soon saw one of the many signs on doors advertising for a massage. Paid the door fee and tip and had a really good time.
I'm doing another prohibited topic, gimme 10min, I'm pouring sweat and fuckin babbling
I dont do the late bullshit.

I have money, I have very little time.
The reason I got into a pissing match with Monet is because she "Double booked"

I think that all that was needed was her to say sorry but nope, entitled bullshit so I said fuck you and posted a bad review.

I get a late bullshit appoinitment I will give a bad review.
A sugar baby late? Yep, I drop her.

Someone shows up to work late over and over? I ask whats wrong and if i get a bullshit excuse, they are gone. Food late? Better be free.

Just because they have a pussy doesnt mean they cant buy a watch
Why does this thread make me think about sloppy errrr never mind
Ahh!! This is a great subject. I do agree with all of the points why should i set a time up with the provider i work outside of Rochester and it takes my 40minutes to get to downtown area. I leave work make the drive to have the provider either not answer phone or is late i hate that. Our time is money as well.

I would also like to see a lawyer try and sue Wantsome for not taking the appointment. I could see the judge now so what was your appointment for? So i couuld bang the plantiff your honor?

We are paying for there time right so why shoudnt we be compensated when they run 10Mins late?.
Speaking of being compensated for lost time...
What about the Clients who cancel last minute, or book an appt. then the day of, are never heard from?
Don't some professionals collect a fee, such as Doctors, Attorneys, ect....?
I dont do the late bullshit.

I have money, I have very little time.
The reason I got into a pissing match with Monet is because she "Double booked"

I think that all that was needed was her to say sorry but nope, entitled bullshit so I said fuck you and posted a bad review.

I get a late bullshit appoinitment I will give a bad review.
A sugar baby late? Yep, I drop her.

Someone shows up to work late over and over? I ask whats wrong and if i get a bullshit excuse, they are gone. Food late? Better be free.

Just because they have a pussy doesnt mean they cant buy a watch Originally Posted by Gotyour6

You have to be resonable and look at the nature of the business. We know they get stood up all the time also so I would think they take a sure thing when they have it even if it means being late for someone else or even standing them up. All things considered I can kind of understand it. Its frustrating but understandable.

I am sure you fly when you tavel. Because of the nature of their business you are often late. I am sure you fly again.

Your food late better be free statement says alot.
Being late without valid excuse messes up schedules on both sides and is equally unacceptable.

I am just really curious as to what could have possibly cause on going "gimme 10 more minutes".

Lina
a day or two late is not a problem. always a next week.
You have to be resonable and look at the nature of the business. We know they get stood up all the time also so I would think they take a sure thing when they have it even if it means being late for someone else or even standing them up. All things considered I can kind of understand it. Its frustrating but understandable.

I am sure you fly when you tavel. Because of the nature of their business you are often late. I am sure you fly again.

Your food late better be free statement says alot. Originally Posted by brianjackson
I have an appointment for 30 minutes later so it is a bit different than 300 people on a plane late. And if I am going to double book a time then I am jsut an asshole.

I dont care if others have stood someone up. Really, I dont fucking care.
You have no idea how bad it pissed me off.
I called, confirmed and drove there, no fucking excuse what so ever.

I wont wait for shit when I had a valid appointment.