tv issues

I have a TCL Roku tv. It starts and plays fine.....but shuts off after about 17 minutes. I can unplug and turn in on again......get 17 more minutes.

Tv's are cheap now. Time to seek a repair......or get a new one ?
  • pxmcc
  • 01-31-2021, 03:51 PM
I have a TCL Roku tv. It starts and plays fine.....but shuts off after about 17 minutes. I can unplug and turn in on again......get 17 more minutes.

Tv's are cheap now. Time to seek a repair......or get a new one ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
here's what you do VM. get a big box, put your tv in there, tape it up, and... put it in your attic. problem solved..

Tv's are cheap now. Time to seek a repair......or get a new one ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Have you checked your alarm/sleep mode?
Go online and search for the power board. Also search the model number and symptoms of the TV.
Aren't TCL TV's the ones with a built in back door so the Chinese Gov't can eavesdrop on you ?

Also sometimes tv's or cable boxes have a function that turns the device off after a period of time. Power savings? Id check that too.
You didn't say how big the TV screen was. I bought a 70" vizio for $600 at Costco.

Again, check the web for issues. I was able to replace several capacitors in a couple of TVs that wouldn't start a few years ago. Cost me about $10 a TV for known warranty issues that the manufacturers wanted $70 just to send somebody out to look. I'll never buy another panasonic tv again. Same with Leveno computers.

I have several 40"+ HD TVs sitting around now. Fully functional. Wife won't let me sell them. Don't ask.

I bet you can find some slightly used 40-50" 4K TVs for less than a hundred dollars at an estate sales this weekend.
The tv is back !
Just in time to watch "Back to the Future II."

No telling how long it will last.